Research Portfolio Manager Jobs Vacancy at Epsrc Swindon
Epsrc Swindon urgently required following position for Research Portfolio Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Portfolio Manager Jobs Vacancy at Epsrc Swindon Jobs Details:
Contract Type: Open-Ended
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: 15 October 2017
Assessment Centres will be held week commencing: 27 November 2017.
As an EPSRC Portfolio Manager, you will work with the Engineering and Physical Sciences research community to achieve EPSRC’s aim to put the UK at the forefront of International Research.
You will be responsible for one of EPSRC’s many portfolios, from mathematics to materials science, from information technology to energy, from university relationships to research infrastructure.
Your role will be varied, building relationships with universities and industry, managing our decision making process to ensure we fund research of the highest quality, planning and implementing community events to foster new, innovative, research programmes.
You will help to develop and structure ideas for future activities in a strongly team based organisation as well as working with other Government Departments and other Research Councils.
This role will broaden your skills by giving you the opportunity to manage your own projects and activities. Travel in the UK is an important part of the role.
Your duties will include:
- working with external stakeholders and representing EPSRC in external networks and meetings
- gathering, understanding and integrating internal and external information
- working across teams to ensure cross portfolio understanding and joint initiatives as appropriate
- managing strategic relationships with key influencers in universities and business
- monitoring and reporting on progress
- implementing strategy and other programmes of work
- evaluating activities and investments to feed into planning
- operation of peer review and other formal decision making processes
- supporting leaders of themes and projects to develop and implement plans
- coordinating and operating processes supporting delivery across EPSRC.
We will consider high calibre graduates and post graduates with a STEM background who can demonstrate the potential to succeed, ideally with experience in a science or engineering related field or holding a PhD. You will be a creative thinker who can work effectively independently and with colleagues, be an excellent communicator and have the ability to manage your time effectively.
Assessment of the following essential skills will be made via shortlisting, an online written exercise, and finally through participation in an assessment centre.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) background gained through graduate or postgraduate studies or other experience
- graduate or post graduate who can demonstrate the potential to succeed
- effective communication skills (verbal, presentational and written)
- problem solving and analytical skills
- ability to work as part of a team
- a focus on achievement
- leadership skills, including facilitation skills and an ability to influence others through behaviour and empathy
- strategic awareness
- planning and organisational skills, including an ability to prioritise and manage complex activities
- creativity, adaptability and openness to change.
The Research Councils recognise and value employees as individuals and aim to provide a pay and rewards package that motivates staff to perform to the best of their ability. The reward package includes a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance and a number of other benefits.
We are committed to developing employees in their roles throughout their career. Learning and development plans enable employees to continue their professional development through training and development opportunities such as e-learning, classroom training and on-the-job experiences. We encourage our employees to share their learning across teams and organisations.
We strive to make decisions based on individual merit and ability. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and promote equality of opportunity in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. As users of the Disability Confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy. Final appointments will be subject to pre-employment screening.
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK, EPSRC does not hold a sponsorship licence.
Applications should be submitted online in the form of an up-to-date C.V. and covering letter (ensuring that the IRC reference at the top of this advert is included in the file name description of each document uploaded), which clearly outlines why you are applying for this post and how you meet the criteria described in this advertisement. Please note that applications submitted without a covering letter, or which fail to address these points, may not be considered further.
Applicants proceeding to the next stage will be asked to complete an online test and the final stage of the process will be participation in an Assessment Centre.
Applicants who would like to receive this advert in an alternative format (e.g. large print, Braille, audio or hard copy), or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on 01793 867000. Please quote the appropriate IRC reference shown at the top of this advert when calling.