Apprentice Commercial Broking Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Covered Insurance Solutions Ltd Fareham
Covered Insurance Solutions Ltd Fareham urgently required following position for Apprentice Commercial Broking Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Apprentice Commercial Broking Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Covered Insurance Solutions Ltd Fareham Jobs Details:
- Dealing with telephone enquiries promptly and referring them to the appropriate person
- Ensuring that all communications with insurers or customers are accurately recorded on file, or electronically, as per the Firm’s usual procedures
- Input new business, amendments and renewals on the Acturis system to maintain accurate records, keeping hard-copy records on customer files where appropriate in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures
- Attaching correct policy wordings to certificates including any other relevant or required wording (exclusions, conditions, warranties, etc.) in respect of self-issue policies
- Liaising with Insurers, other company staff and Claims Handlers when appropriate
- Where appropriate to carry out other reasonably assigned tasks within the company
During the first 14 months, you will work towards achieving a Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard Level 2.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to
- Ability to liaise with colleagues when appropriate
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with customers
- Must have good levels of English and have excellent written communications, including letters and reports
- Confident and effective telephone skills
- Must have experience with Word, Outlook and Excel
- Accurate data input skills
- Must be polite and outgoing
- Good interpersonal Skills
- Possess a willingness to develop knowledge of insurance and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internal to the firm, and externally
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- GCSE or equivalent Grade A*-C (4-9) in maths and English is essential for this role
- Progression to Advanced Apprenticeship for the right candidate
- Progression routes within the company for the right candidate
- Further insurance exams and training offered to become a qualified Insurance Broker
Things to consider
Please note all applicants will be required to attend a pre-entry interview with PETA before an application can be progressed.
- 20 days paid holiday and 8 statutory days holiday
- Free off road parking for staff
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Please be aware that this rate changes every year on 1 April and reference should be made to www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates for further information.