Site Manager Residential Jobs Vacancy at Ljb And Horsham
Ljb And Horsham urgently required following position for Site Manager Residential. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Site Manager Residential Jobs Vacancy at Ljb And Horsham Jobs Details:
X2 Senior Site Manager – New Build Residential – West Sussex – Temp or Perm
£280 - £300 per day (Temp to Perm)
£65,000 - £75,000 plus £7,000 Car allowance / Car – Bonus & Excellent Package
Freelance or Permanent Position Available
Start - Sep / Oct 2018 – ASAP
One of the UK’s most awarded Residential Developers , achieving “5 star house building status year after year “, are currently looking to add a No 1 Senior Site Manager to a flag Ship development of New Build High Spec family homes in West Sussex.
The Senior Site Manager will come on board at the early stages of the build and will play an essential role as the No1 Senior Site Manager reporting to the Contracts Manager. The Development will consist of over 250 New Build, Traditional Build family Homes with a value of over £30M. This project is on the early stages of the build and the Senior Site Manager will be allocated from 100 to 150 Units and will perform the duties of a Number 1 Site Manager.
The Senior Site Manager will come on board at the finishing stages of the development and will play an essential role as No 1 Site Manager, with 300 units coming to a Finishing stage there remains up to X30 New Build 3, 4 & 5 Bedroom Homes to come out of the ground, the Senior Site manager will build the remaining houses while managing allocated units on previous homes at finishing stages.
The Senior Site Manager will ideally come from a similar Residential Developer or Main Contractor, have proven longevity, have managed similar sized projects from inception to completion, and have commercial ability to manage people, budgets and costs whilst working to programme.
Site Managers with this developer have won more NHBC Pride in the Job awards than any other house builder and as a high performing business they offer a fantastic opportunity for people looking to move their career forward in an exciting and rapidly developing industry.
Senior Site Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- With the support of the Contracts Manager, co-ordinate trades, direct labour and materials to meet the production programme; maintain the optimum level of material on site to ensure that the site team is fully and effectively employed.
- Ensure that all units are produced to a consistently high standard of quality, so as to comply with NHBC requirements and the Building Regulations.
- Monitor Quality Control procedures and Customer Service procedures, and ensure that any customer complaints during the production cycle are promptly and properly investigated, with action taken to remedy defects and prevent recurrence.
- Monitor and control the cost of production, and approve payments to sub-contractors.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety and other relevant legislation, and accompany any authorised person connected with Health and Safety at Work or other relevant legislation in inspections of the site.
- Act as the “responsible person” for all matters relating to Health and Safety
- Initiate and attend inspections by the Local Building Inspector or the NHBC under the Building Regulations.
- Liaise with internal colleagues/Line Managers, and external suppliers and contacts as required in order to ensure the build programme is achieved.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure that regular Sales/Build meetings are attended, all Sales/Build procedures in the company “blue books” are adhered to, and inspections of all show homes are carried out.
- Carry out familiarisation inspections (New Home Tours) with the Sales Negotiator and customer, and ensure that any remedial work is completed prior to occupation.
- With the support of the Contracts Manager, ensure that the on-site Construction team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site’s workload and resources. To facilitate the daily site meetings and customer liaison meetings.
- To ensure we comply as a company to best practice and quality standards
- Liaise with the appropriate housing association to confirm dates and handover set out within the contract
Personal Characteristics / Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive experience of working within established build programs.
- Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
- Assertive to ensure delivery of targets by on-site team and trades/labour.
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs, demonstrates strong problem-solving ability.
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Builders and/or qualified to NVQ level 5 in Construction Management with considerable experience of the full range of construction trades.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of the construction trade and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations.
- Good knowledge, understanding and experience of dealing with all issues relating to Customer Care.
- CSCS , SMSTS and First Aid at Work
- Must have previous experience with Traditional Build
- Ideally have proven ability to Build x100 plus units a year.
- At least 2 – 3yrs in a similar position
The Benefit package includes - Company Bonus Scheme - 25 days holiday + 9 Public holidays - Money Purchase Pension Scheme - Company Car or Cash Allowance – Sharesave - Flexible Benefits and
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please email a current CV