Legal Counsel Jobs Vacancy at Buzzfeed London
Buzzfeed London urgently required following position for Legal Counsel. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Legal Counsel Jobs Vacancy at Buzzfeed London Jobs Details:
We are looking for Legal Counsel to join our team in London to provide advice to BuzzFeed's editorial and commercial departments in the UK and other territories. Dynamic, industrious and enthusiastic lawyers with PQE in media and privacy, or commercial law should apply. You will report to the Global Compliance and Privacy Lead and Associate General Counsel (UK).
Editorial and privacy lawyer
- Pre-publication review
- Copyright and trademark advice
- Litigation and dispute handling
- Data Protection advice
- Media law training
- Contract drafting and review of a variety of commercial agreements, including technology, vendor (including DPAs), license, advertising, business development, marketing, real estate, facilities and other commercial and operational contracts.
- Copyright and trademark advice
- Contract training
- Compliance advice and training: Privacy, Marketing, Advertising, Bribery & Corruption, Competition law etc
- Employment advice
- Data privacy training
- IP training
- Must be a UK-qualified attorney with PQE at a law firm or in-house legal department
- Knowledge and experience of data protection legislation in editorial/commercial areas is required.
- (For editorial lawyer) pre-publication review of news content and intellectual property experience is required.
- (For commercial lawyer) contract law and technology law experience, whether in a commercial contracts or transactional context, and experience of drafting and negotiating DPAs, is required. Internet marketing, advertising, and regulatory law experience a plus.
- A practical, business-oriented approach to providing recommendations and guidance tempered by an appreciation of legal complexity and risk.
- Ability to manage a varied workload and deadlines within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Only applications with a cover letter including a few short paragraphs explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position and BuzzFeed will be considered.
- Attach a resume
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats, and more!