Micro Technician Jobs Vacancy at Norbrook Laboratories Newry
Norbrook Laboratories Newry urgently required following position for Micro Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Micro Technician Jobs Vacancy at Norbrook Laboratories Newry Jobs Details:
In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top 10 companies in Northern Ireland and in the top 15 veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop & manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees. If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
Based within the QC Microbiology Department the successful candidates will work as part of our existing team reporting to the Head of Microbiology/Microbiology Manager. The successful candidate will be involved in routine microbiological testing of raw material, in process and finished product samples.
Duties of the successful candidate will include but not be limited to performing the following:
- Preparation and testing of broths and agars
- Sterility Testing which involves working in a clean room.
- Endotoxin Testing
- Microbiological Plate assays
- Microbial Quality testing
- Assisting with Bacterial Identification
- Preparation of equipment for autoclaving
- Collection and logging of samples.
- Record accurately results from tests performed
The successful candidates will be given on the job training as well as being trained in the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice.
The successful candidate will
- Be educated to at least A Level/GNVQ standard or equivalent and will have studied Biology or other science related subjects at this level.
- Will have at least a Grade C or equivalent in GCSE English and Mathematics.
- Possess good communication skills, written and oral as demonstrated on their application form and at interview. Writing must be clear and legible.
- Demonstrate good organisational skills, be flexible, motivated and willing to work shift patterns when necessary.
- Interpret instructions and perform mathematical calculations relating to microbiological testing.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a busy team as well as working on own initiative.
- Be able to safely and correctly dress in clean room garments which requires free movement and good balance.
- Previous experience working in an industrial Microbiology Laboratory
- Experience in performing at least one of the microbiological test procedures listed above.
- Previous knowledge of GMP gained from working in a GMP regulated environment.
Duration: Full Time
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Paid Holidays, On-site Parking, Pension Scheme, Canteen Facilities, Healthcare plan, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Car Insurance, Perks Scheme
Contact: The Human Resources Department
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.