Maintenance Technician Jobs Vacancy at Lubrizol Corporation Sheffield
Lubrizol Corporation Sheffield urgently required following position for Maintenance Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Maintenance Technician Jobs Vacancy at Lubrizol Corporation Sheffield Jobs Details:
Req ID: 42042
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Circa £22,000 per annum + benefits
Take a proactive approach to ensuring the maintenance, engineering and facilities needs are met, ensuring minimum disruption to the plant.
To provide support to the plant to optimise quality, processing capacity/capabilities, cost and production efficiency (raw material yield and cycle time).
- Ensure the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) by all colleagues/employees.
- Ensure that colleagues/employees follow safe working practices.
- Report all accidents and hazardous occurrences in accordance with company instructions and take the necessary action to prevent reoccurrences.
- Understand the associated systems for planning and scheduling work.
- Escalate maintenance issues and ensure completion of these activities to prevent disruption to production and quality.
- Ensure a proactive safety culture, ensuring safe working practices for all maintenance including those of contractors and sub contractors’, ensuring the permit to work/LOTO system is adhered to at all times.
- Directly and indirectly responsible for ensuring safety within the facility ensuring that it is seen as a priority.
- Ensure that the facilities and services are fully maintained and comply with legislative requirements.
- Ensure all factory processes and systems comply with environmental and H&S requirements.
- Manage compliance and monitor through shift audits, delivering an excellent standard of housekeeping and factory appearance.
- Ensure all tasks requiring permits are in place
- Responsible for maintaining operational equipment and plant.
- Work with Procurement to manage spare parts and ensure that stocks of spare parts are strictly monitored and kept at optimum levels.
- Maximise availability of machine equipment to ensure that customer orders can be fulfilled in line with lead time requirements.
- Continually strive to improve and simplify methods of working, procedures and systems.
Requirements, Education, Skills
Essential for this role:
Ideally educated to engineering ONC/Apprenticeship standard.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience engineering/ maintenance activity.
Knowledge of Engineering standards and best practices.
Highly motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to continuously improve the way the team works.
Ability to understand data, analyse trends & take appropriate corrective action.
Demonstrates the ability to make decisions where necessary taking into consideration all relevant and available information.
Desirable for this role:
Experience in Chemical Industry
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- BUPA Membership
- Annual bonus (not guaranteed)
- Share Scheme
- Free car parking