Laboratory Technician Jobs Vacancy at Whitehall Recruitment Ltd
Whitehall Recruitment Ltd urgently required following position for Laboratory Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Laboratory Technician Jobs Vacancy at Whitehall Recruitment Ltd Jobs Details:
Our client is a privately-owned business which has developed into a dynamic group of companies operating throughout the world. Specialist knowledge of fluid dynamics has allowed our client to manufacture and supply complex liquid formulations for use in many industries, ranging from agriculture to energy.
Our client works with international universities, research institutes, trials organisations and commercial partners to constantly improve formulations and develop high performing products for our customers.
They are seeking a Laboratory Technician to undertake general laboratory duties.
The Candidate Profile:
- General chemistry knowledge is essential, producing reliable test results
- A formal education in chemical sciences is preferred (such as degree, HND, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrable capability of working with complex mixtures
- Experience in chemical analysis is an advantage but not essential as training will be provided
- Successful development and completion of self-directed projects
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective communication of laboratory results
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Be a good team worker demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and other team members
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable with a clear attention to detail
- Be flexible with working hours when required in order to deliver the service required by our customers
Key duties include:
- Chemical Analyses and reporting of results
- General Laboratory work and equipment maintenance
- Quality control of products
- Evaluation of raw materials
- Documenting test results
- Working in accordance with good laboratory practice and guidelines, within an ISO17025 environment
- Labelling and storage of samples
General Laboratory Duties
- Assisting in general laboratory duties such as maintenance and cleaning of equipment
- Stock control and ordering of chemicals and consumables
- Organising service visits for instrument and equipment engineers
- Cleaning and tidiness of general work areas
- Project work to improve product performance or identity reasons of product failure
40 hours per week (nominally 7:30 – 16:00) - Some weekend working may be required during busy periods (included in salary)