Smart Home Editor Jobs Vacancy at Future York
Future York urgently required following position for Smart Home Editor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Smart Home Editor Jobs Vacancy at Future York Jobs Details:
You’ll be working with the TechRadar team in the New York office, a vibrant and exciting office space that’s the hub of our US operations.
TechRadar is one of the top technology brands globally, offering authoritative, unique and independent advice to our readers in helping them find the technology they want to buy, and at the right price.
We have passion for the tech we write about – we test it thoroughly, learning the intricacies to make sure when we recommend something, we do it with the reader at the heart.
Part of our mission to keep growing in the US, the challenge the established hierarchy and build on our strong global presence in the technology sphere, helping grow TechRadar into the number one brand worldwide for technology advice.
Job Summary & Purpose
Reporting to the Home Technology Editor and EICs, you’ll be undertaking the important role of maintaining, creating and increasing the our smart home coverage as we step into this bold and burgeoning new area of home technology.
We’re looking for a talented editor to help us keep our content fresh and exciting. As a key member of the TechRadar team, you’ll be developing new articles as well as maintaining and improving on existing ones, either yourself, from the team or using freelance help. Outside of writing, we’ll also be looking for you to front some of our key video output, commission freelancers and attend important events where you’ll get hands on with the latest kit.
With an understanding of commercial opportunities in publishing, you’ll be working alongside the TechRadar leadership team to pitch in ideas for possible commercial campaigns.
Key role responsibilities
- Writing: Your main focus will be for powering the new and incisive smart home coverage that TechRadar is famed for. You’ll be writing news with a tight turnaround, reviewing the latest pieces of technology (from doorbells to smart speakers to the latest in connected ovens), delivering sharp opinion pieces and working to create excellent and informative hubs to help our readers find out everything they need to know about future products.
- Planning: responsible for delivering the content coverage within the vertical, both scheduled and reactive, while meeting the needs of the Home Technology Editor and EICs.
- Commissioning: Helping the Home Technology Editor come up with strong, tight commissions to ensure our freelancers create high-quality content within the agreed time period.
- Production of content: Ensure the content output runs smoothly and in line with agreed schedules and workflows and that articles are of the highest quality and based on good SEO practices.
- Fronting content: responsible for being the face of the vertical, including fronting written content and presenting video when required.
- Budget/Payments/Rights: Assisting in ensuring all budgets are adhered to.
- Measurement: responsible for ensuring audience-related KPIs within the vertical are delivered, in conjunction with the senior team.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent understanding of SEO best practice and strong understanding of CMS usage.
- A strong understanding of the technology sector, with an agnostic opinion of the landscape.
- Experience working with PR contacts to increase breadth and network of coverage opportunities.
- A strong idea of what makes a good article.
- News and reviews writing experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player who’s unafraid to share ideas in a positive manner.
- Enjoy taking own initiative for the good of the site.
- Skilled at delivering copy and content to tight daily deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organisation and planning skills.
- Able to work flexibly, and at pace, in a changing environment.