Volunteers Side Across Down And Lisburn Jobs Vacancy at Alzheimers Volunteers Lisburn
Alzheimers Volunteers Lisburn urgently required following position for Volunteers Side Across Down And Lisburn. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Volunteers Side Across Down And Lisburn Jobs Vacancy at Alzheimers Volunteers Lisburn Jobs Details:
Why we need you…
Side by Side volunteers provide invaluable, person centred opportunities for people living with dementia.
You could enable someone to take part in social and recreational activities - staying connected to the things they love such as listening to music, enjoying a good conversation, keeping active in local community or leisure centre or giving someone the confidence to take part in groups. Your involvement will enable people with dementia, help them feel less isolated or lonely and focus on their individual strengths.
This role will suit you if you are…
- Passionate about supporting, enabling and empowering people with dementia and have a committed, flexible approach
- Good verbal communication and listening skills, especially face to face
- Happy to volunteer individually and remotely, yet understand you are part of a larger team
- Willing to volunteer within service boundaries and to learn new skills
The impact you’ll make...
- Reduce Isolation: Your role will enable people with dementia to be less lonely or isolated
- Help people with dementia to keep doing the things they love by giving them confidence and person centred support to stay involved or find new hobbies and interests.
- Providing one to one support to enable people with dementia to continue with their hobbies and interests or engage in new ones.
- Share your own skills, hobbies and interests to shape opportunities for people with dementia.
- Liaising with the Side by Side coordinator on a regular basis, including changes or concerns regarding the service user, as well as discussing your personal learning and development needs.
This role does not provide personal care, such as cleaning, washing or physical support
Have you got what it takes?
- You have desire to help people with dementia stay involved and know about, or are willing to learn about dementia and its impact on people
- Enjoy learning new things and willing to quickly undertake training (online and in person)
- Recognise the importance of making people feel valued, treat people with respect and dignity, and have the ability to connect with people based on common interests.
- Able to follow policies, procedures and guidance and can volunteer within service boundaries
What’s in it for you?
- Make a real difference to the lives of people living with dementia.
- Pioneer change and help reduce the stigma of dementia
- Develop and build on your skills and experience in Health Social Care and Community settings
- Learn new skills and enhance and expand your CV
If you have any questions or need more information about this role, please contact Ruth Woodfield, Volunteering Officer on 02890387486.
How to apply
Register your details and send your completed Volunteer Registration Form to Ruth Woodfield , Volunteering Officer at Alzheimer's Society, volsnortheastNI@alzheimers.org.uk
or to Ruth Woodfield Volunteering Officer
Unit 4 Balmoral Business Park