Transport Supervisor Jobs Vacancy at Concorde Specialist Logistics Huncoat
Concorde Specialist Logistics Huncoat urgently required following position for Transport Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Transport Supervisor Jobs Vacancy at Concorde Specialist Logistics Huncoat Jobs Details:
Concorde Logistics - Transport Supervisor
Title: Transport Supervisor
Location: Huncoat Distribution Centre
Report to: Transport Manager
Salary: Comeptitive Salary + Bonuses
Hours: Full time 40 hrs
Days of work per week: 5 Days (including 1 in 3 Saturdays which are paid overtime).
- Do you have previous experience of working within a transport department?
- Do you have previous experience of 1-man or 2-man home delivery?
If so, Harveys and Bensons would like to hear from you!
Steinhoff UK Retail, are the parent company of Harvey’s Furniture, Bensons for Beds and Concorde Logistics, employing over 3,500 passionate and dedicated staff and trade from over 450 retail stores across the UK.
We are currently recruiting full time permanent Transport Supervisor based at Huncoat Distribution Centre where you will be responsible to manager the day to day running of a busy transport department to ensure customer deliveries are completed on time and in fill, whilst high standards of service and cost management is maintained.
Your key responsibilities as a Transport Supervisor will include:
- To ensure the smooth running of a busy transport department by effective management and organisation of service delivery crew and vehicle resources.
- Allocate fleet and crew to correct routes to ensure legal compliance.
- Undertake service delivery crew pre-briefs at the start of the shift.
- Manage driver performance to achieve high standards of customer service
- Ensure a high-level PDA compliance is achieved
- Record information for transport KPIs
- Ensure transport documentation and records are managed in line with relevant legislation
- Investigate driver incident reports
- Step up to support transport manager in their absence.
It is essential for our Transport Supervisor have the following skills:
- Good leadership skill
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Hardworking, conscientious and willing to go the “extra-mile”
- Knowledge of transport planning systems
- Good problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy
It is desirable for our Transport Supervisor have the following skills:
- Transport Manager CPC
- Driver CPC
- Driver Trainer Qualification
The above duties are the summary or outline of the duties to be performed by the employees occupying this position post holder will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their managers.
If this sounds like YOU then please apply TODAY!