Idva Domestic Abuse Outreach Worker Jobs Vacancy at Surrey County Council
Surrey County Council urgently required following position for Idva Domestic Abuse Outreach Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Idva Domestic Abuse Outreach Worker Jobs Vacancy at Surrey County Council Jobs Details:
Elmbridge Community Hub, 72 High Street, Walton on Thames, Surrey, KT12 1BU
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To provide a domestic abuse outreach service for the boroughs of Elmbridge, Epsom and Ewell
About the Role
Direct Work with clients
1. To contact clients using sensitive listening and questioning skills in order to allow clients to explain their situation and empower them to set their own priorities.
2. To provide skilled practical help, advice and emotional support to enable clients to reach an informed decision regarding their future, including safety planning and risk assessment.
3. To enable and encourage clients to take advantage of all services relevant to their problems such as legal and financial advice, housing and benefits rights, education, medical treatment, safety advice etc. and make appropriate referrals.
4. To assist clients where necessary by negotiating, drafting or writing letters and telephoning
5. To negotiate with third parties, including statutory and non-statutory organisations as required.
6. To accompany clients to meetings with agencies and Courts if needed.
7. To be mindful of the impact on any client’s children witnessing domestic abuse and of the associated child protection issues.
8. To help reduce client’s isolation and encourage them back into the community.
9. To seek opportunities for clients to access group work and to deliver group work as appropriate
10. To attend Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences
11. To assess clients for referral to the North Surrey Sanctuary Scheme
12. Understanding of Safeguarding Framework and procedures both for Vulnerable Adults and Child Protection.
1. To maintain relevant casework records on clients for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation and ensuring such records are kept up to date and in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
2. To maintain records to fulfil monitoring requirements of funders
3. To undertake letter writing as appropriate
Other duties and responsibilities
1. To uphold the aims and principles of the Citizen Advice Service
2. To keep up to date with policies and procedures relevant to bureau work and undertake relevant training within guidelines issues by Citizens Advice.
3. To uphold and work within the principles of the Surrey Multi Agency Strategy against Domestic Abuse
4. To provide advice and information to other organisations and take part in Domestic Abuse awareness raising events
5. To liaise with other organisations and agencies where there is a joint or multiple approach to a client and be aware that inter-agency co-operation is an integral and essential facet of outreach work
6. To attend meetings both internal and external as required.
7. To abide by health and safety procedures in accordance with Health & Safety legislation.
8. To work closely with the other Outreach Workers/IDVAs.
9. Any other duties as required to ensure the efficient provision of the outreach service.
10. To understand and adhere to Safeguarding Policies and procedures.
Professional Support and Development
1. To keep up to date with legislation, case law and policies and procedures and undertake appropriate training relevant to the provision of an advice service and issues concerning domestic abuse
2. To prepare for and attend supervision sessions as required.
3. To attend team meetings.
4. To attend all relevant training as required including specialist domestic abuse/gender violence training and Citizen Advice training.
Any further details:
For job pack and application form please contact Margaret Bourne, CEO, 01932 233051
Skills/Knowledge and Experience
1. Knowledge of the issues facing people experiencing domestic abuse.
2. Recent experience of advice work which could be within any voluntary or statutory organisation.
3. Ability to plan and prioritise own work, meet deadlines and manage caseload.
4. Experience of supporting victims of domestic abuse and evaluating risk factors.
5. Ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively and a willingness to challenge constructively.
6. Effective written and oral communication skills with particular emphasis on negotiating.
7. Ability to use IT in the provision of advice, compilation of statistical data and preparation of reports.
8. Flexible approach, ability to work on own initiative but also ability to work as part of a team.
9. Numeracy skills
10. An awareness of the importance of confidentiality.
11. The ability to listen, to communicate and to be non-judgemental
12. To demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity.
13. To be able to work effectively with a range of different statutory agencies, voluntary organisations and individuals.
14. To demonstrate understanding of safeguarding issues.
15. To have a full driving licences and use of a car and ability to meet clients in the Boroughs of Epsom and Ewell, Elmbridge and Spelthorne.
16. To be qualified as a domestic abuse IDVA or willing to train to achieve this qualification.
Exact working hours:
24 hours per week. Salary: FTE £26,000 per annum plus 6% contributory pension. Actual salary £17,333 per annum
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.