Communications Engagement Assistant Jobs Vacancy at University Birmingham Birmingham
University Birmingham Birmingham urgently required following position for Communications Engagement Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Communications Engagement Assistant Jobs Vacancy at University Birmingham Birmingham Jobs Details:
Terms and Conditions
This is an exciting role supporting the development and delivery of key stakeholder communications on behalf of the Academic Services division at the University of Birmingham. The role of Communications Assistant reports into the Communications & Engagement Manager with whom they will be responsible for communications as part of the Academic Services division. The role is broad in its responsibility for the delivery of key stakeholder (e.g. current student) communications on behalf of the Academic Services division through a range of channels including key events, digital communications, print/publicity marketing and social media, within a coordinated communications community.
Academic Services is at the heart of education and research endeavour at the University. Academic Services is responsible for providing support and advice to all staff and to students to enable them to undertake their responsibilities effectively and efficiently. Academic Services is made up of divisions including the Academic Services Directorate, Birmingham International Academy, Careers Network, Innovation & Development, Library Services, Registry and Student Services. You will be an active member of the University’s marketing community and will work closely with colleagues in External Relations.
You will need to have relevant communications based experience ideally in a communications and/or marketing role within a large and complex organisation, and with a demonstrable background in successfully building relationships with people at all levels.
A flexible combination of clerical, administrative and project-based support is required together with an organised and pro-active approach. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to use social media effectively and creatively in support of the work of the communications team are also required.
- Educated to at least A-Level (or equivalent qualifications or work experience) and have a minimum GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above. Relevant degree or other marketing/communications based qualifications would be ideal.
- Demonstrable experience of stakeholder communications and marketing within a large complex organisation; ideally having experience of student communications within an educational organisation such as Higher Education.
- A clear and demonstrable understanding about the nature of the diverse student community at the University of Birmingham; showing an awareness of our student demographics and understanding of the requirements of student community at the University of Birmingham.
- Experience of working with Content Management Systems.
- Ideally have experience of using Customer Relationships Management (CRM)
- Positive attitude and approach to achieving results (finding and using relevant learning opportunities to improve results).
- Knowledge of emerging social media trends and experience of utilising these channels within a communications or marketing role.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and demonstrable ability to pick up and use new software; ideally with experience of graphical design packages, web authoring tools and associated technologies (e.g. Adobe software, Content Management Systems).
- Experience of video production is desirable.
- Significant experience of copywriting, proofreading and content editing with clear evidence of delivering communications campaigns and/or marketing outputs.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, spoken and written communication skills to deal effectively, confidently and appropriately with students and staff at all levels.
- Experience of delivering an effective, high quality customer orientated service, demonstrating a proactive approach to service improvements.
- Ability to prioritise workload and anticipate problems, to progress work thoroughly and reliably sometimes under pressure and to tight deadlines, without reference to others.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- An effective team player who can demonstrate that they have not only worked successfully as part of a team, but that they are able to self-direct workload and priorities.
- Calm and focused under pressure.
- An understanding of the University aims and objectives.
- Flexibility to work out of hours, on occasion, as required.
- Commitment to continuing professional development and training.
7 Oct 2018