Volunteer Activities Jobs Vacancy at Epilepsy Society Chalfont Saint Peter
Epilepsy Society Chalfont Saint Peter urgently required following position for Volunteer Activities. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Volunteer Activities Jobs Vacancy at Epilepsy Society Chalfont Saint Peter Jobs Details:
Volunteer : Activities Volunteer
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of our residents?
Our activities volunteers enable our residents to participate in activities by providing practical support. Whether it’s a music session, arts and crafts or bingo, we are always keen for our volunteers’ help. If you would love to share your skills and interests with our residents then this volunteer role is for you.
What skills do I need?
- Good communication skills
- A friendly disposition
- An interest in the activities you will be assisting with
What support will we give you?
- We aim to ensure that our volunteers are matched to roles that fit their skills and experience
- You will be provided with induction training before you start your volunteering role and relevant training throughout the course of your time with us
- Guidance from a mentor whilst volunteering
- We provide you with insurance cover
- We pay out-of-pocket expenses
- You have the option to become a free online membership of Epilepsy Society
What will you gain from this opportunity?
- develop new relationships with individuals who have epilepsy, and some of whom also have associated learning and/or physical disabilities
- gain new skills and confidence
- meet new people and make friends
- be part of a great team
- have a sense of achievement
- have fun
An Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this position.
Epilepsy Society is registered as a Disability Confident Committed Employer (Level 1): if a candidate declares a disability and meets the minimum requirements of the role they will be considered for interview.