Junior Assistant Officer Generalist Jobs Vacancy at Man London
Man London urgently required following position for Junior Assistant Officer Generalist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Assistant Officer Generalist Jobs Vacancy at Man London Jobs Details:
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $114.1bn* of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across multiple jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM.
These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively within the framework of Man Group, with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm's single operating platform, enabling their primary focus to be seeking to generate alpha for clients. The teams invest across a diverse range of strategies and asset classes with highly specialised approaches, with long only and alternative strategies run on a discretionary and quantitative basis in single and multi-manager formats. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we engage in close dialogue with our investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. Man Group's investment teams are empowered and supported by our institutional infrastructure and technology, which aims to facilitate the efficient exposure to markets and effective collaboration across the organisation.
Through the Man Charitable Trust and sponsorship of the Man Booker Prizes, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly.
Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.LN and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
- As at 30 September 2018. All investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment "engines" of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
Purpose of the role
To provide HR Generalist administrative and basic advisory support to HRBPs and relevant business units.
- First line support to business on policy queries including maternity, paternity, flexible working, absences etc.
- Drafting flexible working documentation and monitoring trial periods
- Organisation and administrative support for HR strategic initiatives
- Absence level monitoring including analysing sickness reports, advising the business as necessary with the support of the HRBP
- Checking contracts, recruitment invoices, employee files, references, leaver letters, maternity letters etc.
- Overseeing the preparation and delivery of appropriate contractual documents regarding terminations, appointments and contract variations
- Administrative support for employee relations issues as required, including note taking, letter drafting, etc.
- Co-ordinate and conduct junior level exit interviews, providing feedback to HRBPs
- Providing HR Analytics/dashboard data to HRBP to support business units
- Organisation and ownership of the HR policies and procedures and the relevant filing systems
- Administrative support for all regulatory and legal changes, such as SMCR
- Administrative support for HR projects such as grad/intern, apprentice and women returner programmes, as and when required
- Ad hoc support to HRBPs and Head of HR where required
- Working with the HR Operations team to ensure HR Intranet page is up to date and correct
- Preparation of all necessary documentation and logistical arrangements for leavers
- Work closely with HR colleagues across the business to monitor, review and update all policies in line with current legislation and best practice
- Manage the UK handbook and all HR document templates
- Familiarity with basic UK employment law legislation
- Experience of business advisory able to give advice where appropriate in a clear and credible manner
- CIPD/HR qualification desirable but not essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- MS Office proficient (at least intermediate level)
- Analytical thinker
- Able to think ahead and operate in a fast-paced, highly confidential environment
- Solution oriented
This is a great opportunity which would suit a highly motivated individual who is looking to develop their HR experience in varied role within a fast-paced and dynamic company.
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working.
Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com. Employees are also offered two 'ManKind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments on-site flu vaccinations, daily food allowance at our internal kitchens, subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme.