Technical Analyst Jobs Vacancy at South Wales
South Wales urgently required following position for Technical Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Analyst Jobs Vacancy at South Wales Jobs Details:
We’re looking for a brilliant new addition to our team. We want someone to join us here in our Brains Support Centre who understands how important customer service is to us. Being part of our Brains family means you’ll be responsible for providing a friendly but professional service across the business (and of course get to work for an amazing company).
Purpose of the role:
To support and enhance the business through the use of efficient IT systems, including their design, implementation, and improvement. You will be working as part of the IT team to support both our 100+ Managed Houses estate and our Support Centre team members. The individual should have working experience of cloud-based solutions, such as Azure, as part of the role will be heavily involved in projects looking into the viability of such solutions.
Working with our Business Support Analysts and fellow IT Colleagues, the role will be responsible for 2nd/3rd line support of key IT systems including; Windows client and Server OS’s, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Exchange Server, MS Office, SharePoint etc.
- Design, implementation, support, documentation, and improvement of IT systems, including core network infrastructure, server and virtualisation infrastructure and business
- Analysis of cloud alternatives in order to ensure availability of the best IT solutions within the business and its budgets
- Working with colleagues in other departments to discover business needs and document their requirements in order to provide the right IT solutions
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support to our Business Support department
- Providing on-site support to our Managed Houses, Coffee Shops and Support Centre
- Planning and implementation of IT systems for Managed House refurbishments
- Maintaining existing systems and carrying out day to day maintenance including planning installing updates as and when required
- Fault finding and problem solving any new issues with IT systems.
- Creation of user guides and support guides
- Creation of IT policies and documents that, where required, aim to meet the requirements of applicable legislation e.g. GDPR, PCI DSS etc.
- Working with external suppliers, vendors and consultants as required
Who are we looking for?
You will be experienced with: Microsoft Hyper-V and Azure, Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7/8.1/10 and Server 2012 R2), Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management, Microsoft Office Suites including 365, other cloud-based office suites desirable such as G Suite, Networking Infrastructure, Firewalls (Sophos XG) and VPNs.
It will be essential to demonstrate previous experience in:
- Administering Windows Server and Active Directory, Office 365 suite and Azure
- Managing Hyper-V, Clustering and Shared Storage.
It is desired (but not essential) to possess experience with: IP Telephony (3CX), Wi-Fi Management Systems and Captive Portals, GDPR and PCI DSS Experience, Microsoft System Center as well as having basic SQL knowledge.
You will possess GCSE’s in English and Maths at level C minimum (or equivalent), however Degree in IT field or/and recognised certification in one or more of the essential knowledge areas e.g. MSCA: Cloud Platform, CompTIA Network+, etc. would be beneficial.
You will have to have a full driving licence and be able to work occasional weekends and evenings (travel and overnight stays might be required as a part of the role).
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum