Head Jobs Vacancy at Com
Com urgently required following position for Head. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Jobs Vacancy at Com Jobs Details:
The Head of IT is an exciting role in a truly innovative software business which offers an opportunity to define IT strategy and lead a small team delivering a fast, frictionless, world-class service, in part through embracing 1E’s own best-in-class Software Lifecycle Automation solutions. The role would suit someone from a technically hands-on Infrastructure Management background looking to take the next step of running IT as a whole.
The Director of IT will be responsible for:
1. Establishing and executing 1E’s IT strategy to support rapid growth and to deliver responsive, faster IT.
2. Day to day management of all the Internal IT & Communications systems of 1E, managing a team of 9, supporting 4 offices in London, New York, Delhi & Dublin; and 300+ staff in EMEA, India and N America, many of whom are remote/ work from home offices.
3. Executing Internal IT Projects.
4. Establishing 1E’s own Internal IT Department as a showcase for our Software Lifecycle Automation product suite.
5. Management of the Internal IT & communications budgets – both Capex and Opex.
1. Devise and execute the company’s Internal IT strategy:
a. Architecture & design of the company’s Internal IT infrastructure including hardware, software, network, security, virtualization, public cloud infrastructure in Office 365 and Azure & business continuity.
b. Architecture & design of the company’s Communications systems, including Skype for business on-prem and online in office 365, network and voice topology including SIP trunks. Managing mobile phones contracts and resources.
c. All Internal IT policies & procedures
d. Ensuring 100% Software Asset Management compliance
e. Team structure & organization
f. Ensure we operate as a “single company” with shared systems, policies & procedures across the Group
2. Day to day management of the company’s Internal IT department
a. Ensure all IT & communications systems are operating correctly – 24x7
b. (Remote) user provisioning & support – including break/ fix & user troubleshooting
c. Problem resolution & prevention – including management of internal SLA’s
d. User education & ‘how to’ knowledgebase
e. Performance management & tracking – using Internal IT dashboard, team metrics and trend analysis
f. Develop and implement Internal IT methodologies & processes to enable the Internal IT team to operate & scale cost efficiently
g. Team management & development, including implementing Internal IT mentoring and training programs
h. Working with Group HR, develop and implement an Internal IT skills matrix and grading structure to ensure career progression and consistency of Internal IT competencies
i. Develop the Internal IT team’s objectives, metrics & operating procedures
3. Establishing 1E’s own Internal IT Department as a showcase for Software Lifecycle Automation
a. Manage all 1E’s internal IT operations centrally using the latest 1E solutions, and Microsoft systems management technologies (currently Microsoft SCCM)
b. Ensure 1E IT staff are acting as joint development partners and early adopters for new 1E solutions
4. Management of the Internal IT budget – both Capex and Opex
a. Working with the finance team, develop and manage the Internal IT & Communications systems annual operating and capital budgets, both within and outside the Internal IT Department.
b. Identify opportunities for cost-reduction through system automation & user policies
c. Identify cost-effective investment in new IT & Communications systems to best support the company’s business objectives
d. Review hardware, software and communications contracts and pursue vendor comparisons to lower costs and capitalize on economies of scale.
- Thorough and up-to-date understanding of end-to-end corporate IT systems, networking and security solutions, in particular Windows based IT infrastructures, Office 365 and Azure
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Systems Center
- Authoritative and confident within all levels of the organisation, from technical IT staff to CxO level
- Team Management experience (preferably including remote teams)
- Highly professional with good attention to detail.
- Intelligent, team player and enthusiastic
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to present the business value of Internal IT proposals
- Influencing and collaboration skills to achieve objectives with other company department
Qualifications & ExperienceWe are looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Manager or Internal IT candidate who is excited about the opportunity to define IT strategy, embrace new technologies and lead a small, but world class, Internal IT department for an innovative, Global, UK HQ’d software business