Plant Operator Jobs Vacancy at Anglian Water Services Ltd Irvine
Anglian Water Services Ltd Irvine urgently required following position for Plant Operator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Plant Operator Jobs Vacancy at Anglian Water Services Ltd Irvine Jobs Details:
Salary: Dependent on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Alpheus’s Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP) operational team as a Plant Operator with either a Mechanic or electrical bias, based on our site in Irvine, Scotland on an initial 6 month fixed term contract.
Alpheus (part of the Anglian Water Group) are a successful water and waste water asset management and maintenance company, delivering O&M services across a portfolio of nationwide contracts. The company also delivers design and build infrastructure schemes as well as waste water recycling services.
What will you be doing?
- Carry out proactive maintenance and operation of asset and infrastructure on the WWTP
- Adhere and champion Health & Safety practices by leading by example and live by our commitment that all accidents are preventable.
- Working as part of a shift- team, carry out routine and non- routine mechanical inspections, repairs, fault finding and maintenance.
- Carry out routine plant operations including set-point review and adjustment, sampling, laboratory testing and other general duties.
- Key contributor to the goals of excellence in site maintenance, cleanliness and operational efficiency.
- Improve existing plans and contribute to designing new full life asset maintenance plans. Paying particular attention to environmental permit requirements and revenue generating streams, you’ll ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and targets are achieved and that your attention is on improving performance and efficiency.
What do you need?
To be successful in your application you’ll be educated to Standard 3 or GCSE C grade Level in English, Science and Maths or equivalent. With previous experience in a similar role you’ll have gained relevant mechanical/fitters or electrician qualifications. Experience of laboratory testing will be an advantage, but is not essential.
With experience of working to asset management plans, you’ll be used to following set procedures in a controlled H&S environment. Experience in a waste water operations and/or industrial processing plant would be advantageous.
Your excellent communication and organisational skills and flexible attitude towards your work, including working shifts, weekends and an on call rotation will allow you to prosper in the role. You’ll be a team player who is able to adapt to change and challenge where required. With a pro-active and positive attitude, you’ll be forward thinking with good analytical, IT and customer service skills.
What benefits do we offer?
- Bonus Scheme of up to 8% of annual salary
- Individual Private Health Care
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Plus lots more!
If you are offered a job with us, you’ll be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Closing date: 28 October 2018
Interviews: w/c 5 November 2018