Solution Architect Jobs Vacancy at Abcam
Abcam urgently required following position for Solution Architect. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Solution Architect Jobs Vacancy at Abcam Jobs Details:
Solution Architect- (CAM-08859-85)
About the role:
Reporting to our VP of Architecture & Data, the Solution Architect will be responsible for the development and governance of relevant architecture designs and solutions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop solution designs in accordance with the key Architecture Principles of Abcam. Solutions are developed against business requirements and where gaps are identified, the architect will clarify requirements and determine the best outcome based solution.
- Develop key artefacts that underpin and support Abcam’s key Architecture Principles; these will be in the form of solution designs and standards.
- Works towards making key decisions and logs and manages Key Design Decisions at both project and enterprise level.
- Peer reviews the designs and solutions of his/her peers and provides relevant constructive feedback as necessary.
- Supports his/her peers and drives for delivering solutions that reduce/manage risk and deliver value for Abcam as a business.
- Participate in the Design Authority either as a key core member or a delegate of the Director of Architecture to ensure that relevant designs meet with the IT Strategy and underpin Abcam business goals.
- Identify and manage Abcam risks relevant to the architecture.
- Develop expertise in an agreed key domain for Abcam.
- To share and disseminate knowledge to team members.
- Develop strong collaborative relationship with the team and key business stakeholders.
- Works with third party and partner personnel to develop strong solutions.
- Maintains Abcam’s standing in the industry by being a positive example of a professional architect.
- Champions the principle of secure by design and compliant by design in their work and encourages this amongst their peers.
- Provides guidance and educates on architecture to the business and projects; including but not limited to the architecture principles of Abcam.
- Provides support to testing and operations as necessary in accordance with the needs of Abcam.
- Responsible for the overall quality of a solution or their owned domain.
- Be expected to input into the development of an IT Strategy and Architecture Roadmaps.
- Champions the architecture roadmaps.
- Have a background in a key discipline such as software development, technical architecture or business analysis.
- Have experience of solution design, served in a fast paced growing business.
- Demonstrate logical process based thinking and show an approach to problem solving.
- Have a desire to develop further into an architecture role to the level of Principal or Chief Architect.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to deconstruct technical details into simple to understand business language.
- Be able to articulate context of an idea or solution within the context of Abcam.