Speech And Language Therapist Senior Jobs Vacancy at Hca Healthcare London
Hca Healthcare London urgently required following position for Speech And Language Therapist Senior. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Speech And Language Therapist Senior Jobs Vacancy at Hca Healthcare London Jobs Details:
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. We're the UK's largest private children's hospital with over 46 paediatric beds including a 10-bed intensive care unit, a neonatal intensive care unit, and a day case unit. Caring for over 40,000 children a year, we provide treatment for everything from general paediatric conditions to complex craniofacial reconstruction. We have over 175 paediatric consultants available to treat children from new-born up to the age of 18.
As the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK, delivering over 1,600 babies a year, we place great importance on providing safe and high quality care for expectant mothers. Both consultant-led and midwife-led maternity care is available, and our aim is to provide you with all the support you need during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Women’s health issues are treated by a team of 40 consultants, supported by nurses, physiotherapists and counsellors, with an emphasis on privacy and dignity.
As a Senior 2 Speech and Language Therapist at The Portland Hospital you will be part of a multidisciplinary team providing specialist therapy services to infants, children and young persons with communication and swallowing difficulties. You will complete assessment, diagnosis, and intervention with children with a wide range of congenital, acquired, and developmental presentations. The role will initially be based in the multidisciplinary outpatient clinic, and will involve a clinical rotation or development opportunities across the inpatient hospital setting.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week.
The salary being offered will be competitive and will be dependent upon skills and experience. Equivalent to an NHS band 6 role.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
- Independent implementation of various communication assessments, and provision of intervention for paediatric patients aged 0 – 18 years-old in a range of clinical areas including neurology, neurodevelopmental medicine, general paediatrics, and respiratory medicine.
- Assess and provide intervention to infants, children and young persons with swallowing and feeding difficulties, including instrumental evaluation by Videofluoroscopy Swallowing Study.
- Support the establishment of alternative and augmentative communication systems
- Develop goal directed care plans using evidence based practice and specialist knowledge, and in collaboration with the patient and their family
- Use excellent communication skills to support effective partnership working within the multidisciplinary team
- Appropriately seek professional support from colleagues to optimise patient management and service activities
- Participate in an annual appraisal program and show commitment to continuous professional learning and development
- Contribute to department objectives, including project development and education sessions within the hospital.
- Professional qualification in Speech and Language Therapy
- Registered member of HCPC
- Experience implementing a range of communication assessments and intervention approaches with children aged 0-18 years old
- Experience working with children with dysphagia or feeding difficulties is desirable but not essential
- Evidence of continuing professional development within paediatric clinical areas
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.