Information Officer Jobs Vacancy at Age London
Age London urgently required following position for Information Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Information Officer Jobs Vacancy at Age London Jobs Details:
Job Title: Information Officer
Job Category: Content and Brand; Influencing
Agreement Type: Permanent
To develop and produce innovative and useful Information and Advice resources aimed at older people, their families and those who care for them, to help improve their lives
- To develop and produce innovative and useful Copy write creative and appropriate text for resources and other Information & Advice materials, ensuring the accuracy and relevance of all content and its adherence to internal policies and guidelines e.g. accessibility.
- Update existing resources as required. Write and produce website content, including videos.
- Plan develop and produce creative and innovative information and advice resources aimed at consumers and professionals.
- These will involve developing and producing creative and innovative information and advice resources aimed at consumers and professionals.
- Identify and resolve inconsistencies between individual products and ranges.
- Liaise with the Technical Advice Support Officers and other colleagues across the charity to ensure the accuracy and relevance of all consumer I&A resources.
- Ensure that the views and preferences of older people inform product development, eg through running focus groups.
- Liaise with Digital staff to ensure digital I&A resources align with wider Digital strategy.
- Upload text and files to the website and intranet as required.
- Keep up to date with issues affecting older people and develop some specialist I&A knowledge as required.
- Ensure that all information products comply with both internal Age UK guidelines and external legal requirements (e.g. data protection and copyright law) and are cost effectively produced to high quality standards.
- Brief other internal stakeholders on new products and schedules as required. Support the work of colleagues across the Brand and Content Team and Age UK to deliver other strategic departmental objectives.
- Comply with Age UK financial procedures, setting and monitoring individual product budgets and reporting on these as required.
- Commission text from other internal and external specialists as required.
- Negotiate and issue author briefs, agreements, contracts, purchase orders and invoices in line with Age UK procurement policies and legal requirements.
- Perform any other tasks appropriate to the grade of the post as requested by the Head of Brand and Content.
Quantitative Aspects of the Role:
The I&A Resources team deliver some 200 individual information materials to 3.5 million older people, 140 individual Age UKs and Age Cymru, Age Scotland and Age NI each year. The Information Officer will be responsible for the delivery of information guides as well as articles, web text and other individual content.
- Experience writing and developing a range of resources aimed at consumers including printed resources and online materials.
- Experience of co-ordinating online tools or providing content for them. Experience of engaging consumers and testing new materials.
- Experience researching new content and working to deadlines and balancing multiple
- Experience of working within a team.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to write clear, concise and creative text for a range of channels, presenting complex issues in an accessible style.
- Accuracy and attention to detail including the ability to ensure all projects meet brand and editorial guidelines. Knowledge of older people’s interests and issues affecting older people (e.g. money, consumer, health, legal, lifestyle).
- Knowledge of the production of printed resources and other formats including electronic tools objectives and achieve deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work successfully at all levels and with people from different backgrounds.
- Effective team working skills.
- Good IT skills including advanced Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to evaluate projects, interpret data and report on findings is desirable.
Good standard of written English is essential for this role.
This role description is not intended to be exhaustive in every respect, but rather to clearly define the fundamental purpose, responsibilities and dimensions for the role. Therefore, this role description does not describe any individual role holder.
In addition to the contents of this role description, employees are expected to undertake any and all other reasonable and related tasks allocated by line management.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them