Engineer Iii Manufacturing Engineering Jobs Vacancy at Thermo Fisher Scientific Swindon
Thermo Fisher Scientific Swindon urgently required following position for Engineer Iii Manufacturing Engineering. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineer Iii Manufacturing Engineering Jobs Vacancy at Thermo Fisher Scientific Swindon Jobs Details:
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
At our site in Swindon, ThermoFisher are forging partnerships that are transforming the industry, creating new business models between pharma companies and their pharma service providers. We are pioneering solutions that are driven by client needs, with successful recent partnerships including Amgen, Flexion, Pacira and Grünenthal.
We currently offer solutions spanning the entire pharmaceutical life cycle to help pharma and biotech companies of all sizes meet their complex development and manufacturing needs at any stage or scale enabling us to deliver a combination of unrivaled quality, reliability and compliance, backed by a reputation for scientific and technical excellence.
The range of services at ThermoFisher for drug substances and drug products is wider than that of any other CDMO and we offer end-to-end capabilities and expertise to take your discovery from pre-clinical and clinical development, through scale-up, all the way to commercial supply across more than 40 oral solid, sterile and softgel dosage forms.
As Technical Support Engineer you will be part of a multi-functional Condos working with relevant Managers and Department Heads to generate automation strategies for existing and future business product lines.
This is a diverse and challenging role with key accountabilities including:
- Working autonomously to generate, report on and deliver project plans for all own engineering activities
- Managing site and corporate KPI measures, including stakeholder management, ensuring actions are completed on target
- Offer expertise and steer new product introductions on automation engineering topics to define activity required to deliver the automation strategy of the project
- To act as client liaison when required and work required and work closely with respective counterparts as client site to align processes across multiple manufacturing sites
- To offer guidance and expertise to the engineering maintenance team in problem solving issues associated with site wide utilities, including, be not just restricted to purified water, pure steam, and calibrated equipment.
- Ensure cGMP is applied in the work area and complies with cGMP through following site SOP’s
- Offer guidance and support to a small team of engineers, to ensure compliance with site wide preventative maintenance schedules
You will be a flexible, highly motivated and experience Engineering professional seeking a new opportunity to develop and grow your skills within a unique operating model. To be considered for this role you will ideally have experience of the Pharmaceutical industry and a strong understanding of current GMP and technical processes.
In addition to this we are looking for an individual who is able to demonstrate:
- Engineering degree qualified and/or with demonstrable experience in GMP plant utilities management.
- Strong project management background within, for example, production engineering, process engineering within a regulated environment
- Ability to utilise project management tools such as Microsoft Project planning.
- Client facing experience preferred.
Closing date for applications: 8th November 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.