Process Operator For Department Elastomers Barry Jobs Vacancy at The Dow Chemical Company Barry
The Dow Chemical Company Barry urgently required following position for Process Operator For Department Elastomers Barry. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Process Operator For Department Elastomers Barry Jobs Vacancy at The Dow Chemical Company Barry Jobs Details:
- Close collaboration with other members of the production area shift team to jointly troubleshoot plant problems and to maximize area output and process unit on-line time.
- Support Team Leader, Run Plant Engineers and other members of the area production team in technical troubleshooting, improvement, waste reduction and capacity extension programs.
- Handle (manual and fork lift) all process materials needed for production.
- Collaborating closely to maintenance and other support personnel in carrying out work on the process units.
- Participate in operations training and assessment programs to maintain capability, flexibility and skills levels.
- Liaise with the materials handling group to assist in the handling of Elastomers Raw Materials, Intermediates, Packaging Components and Filtration Media to ensure their availability when needed to meet the plant schedule. This will imply periodic stock checks of Elastomer held Raw Materials, Intermediates, Filter Aid supplies and other process needs.
- Complete SAP/ ADC transactions to handle inventory and lot flexibility in the process.
- assisting in printing labels required for products
- This person will make entries in shift log book, run sheets and other production, records and documentation as directed.
- as well he or she will contribute to the housekeeping, 5S and Lean Manufacturing activities in the W115 building and safe work environment.
- Furthermore an important task is to contribute in testing of emergency safety showers and fire extinguishers and other safety systems.
- Assisting in operations in other Elastomer/Compounding facilities as and when needed.
- Performing miscellaneous duties as directed by Supervision.
- Maintaining close liaison with members of Elastomers and Materials Handling teams to meet assigned priorities in assisting these two groups.
- Process operators follow a 12 hour rotating shift pattern, operating 24/7 and 365 days a year. An annualized hours cover system is used to provide sickness cover in addition to supporting specific plant activities and a key role expectation is to provide a reasonable amount of overtime cover when needed on the rostered cover days. Holidays are rostered into the shift pattern with a 12 consecutive day rest period every 5 week rotation cycle.
- Small amount of the work is outside and exposed to all weathers. Majority of the work is inside a building.
- The range and complexity of operations in the Elastomers Building indicates a need for constant alertness from operators, processes are operated 24/7 utilizing heavy machinery as such shift workers maintain this alertness throughout the standard 12 hour shift pattern. Certain process steps are critical features of processing and particular attention needed during these to ensure quality and successful production.
- Operator is required to handle different chemicals and additives which require the use of the provided personal protective equipment.
- Applicant should be physically fit, the nature of job involves some muscular effort – meaning lifting packages/containers and moving drums by hand. However, a number of these jobs have lifting equipment supplied to ease the physical requirements.
- Education requirement is at least 5 GCSE grade C and above, including science and maths.
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate a proactive mind-set and be adaptable to change, with proven examples of being able identify gaps in historical problems and work processes and take action to implement a change.
- Demonstrate a safety first mind-set and be ready to step in and intervene to ensure all tasks are completed safely without incident or injury.
- Be able to work as part of a team and support other operators, in addition to being able to be autonomous and work independently when required.
- More than 2 years’ of experience with batch operations or chemical process operating is desirable.
- Experience in dealing with permit to work systems and other related work safety systems is desirable.
- forklift license desirable but not essential, training will be provided.
- Experience in inventory management systems is desirable, with knowledge of stock control and material movements.
- Disciplined mind-set in order to complete to a high standard; daily logs, housekeeping, handovers, following procedures and routine safety checks.
- Confident with IT systems and able to learn new programs which are used for process control, stock control and electronic log books.
About this Posting
The Dow Chemical Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.