Visitor Experience Volunteer Jobs Vacancy at Victoria Albert Museum South Kensington
Victoria Albert Museum South Kensington urgently required following position for Visitor Experience Volunteer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Visitor Experience Volunteer Jobs Vacancy at Victoria Albert Museum South Kensington Jobs Details:
To apply all you need to do is send us an email to [email protected] explaining why you think you would be a good a Visitor Experience Volunteer
Come and join us as a Visitor Experience Volunteer at V&A and help create unforgettable days for visitors. Whether you already love art and museums, or you are just looking at trying something new, this is your chance to find out what is like being a part of the world’s leading museum of art and design. We welcome interest from anyone 18 years and over, regardless of background or experience. Training is provided. All we need is your enthusiasm, passion and commitment.
As a VE volunteer you will have the chance to meet a variety of people, make friends and learn new skills working alongside knowledgeable and experienced volunteers and members of staff.
Volunteers play a crucial role in the Visitor Experience department delivering an outstanding service to our visitors. The role of our volunteers includes:
- Providing a primary welcome to visitors;
- Bing a visible, engaging and friendly presence at the public entrances;
- Offering information about the museum’s layout and its collections
- Acting as ambassadors for the institution, helping visitors to interpret the collections, whilst encouraging them to engage with the V&A’s public program;
- Promoting commercial activities;
- Helping to increase donations by raising awareness among visitors of the museum’s charitable status.
Roster and Shift Patterns: All volunteers will be asked to commit to at least six months, working once a week for half a day. Morning shifts run from 9.50 to 13.30; afternoon shifts from 13.20 to 17.00 and Friday Late shifts from 18.00 to 20.30.
Benefits of volunteering at the V&A:
- The opportunity to be involved in the work of one of the world’s leading museums of art and design;
- A learning experience. Volunteers can develop new skills and knowledge, receive training and learn more about the V&A collections and the diverse communities that regularly visit the museum;
- 15% discount in the shop and public catering areas on production of a V&A Museum pass;
- Use of the Staff Canteen;
- Two complimentary tickets for each V&A exhibition that can be used by family and friends;
- Free entry to paying exhibitions in some of the most prestigious museums and galleries (by simply showing the V&A Museum pass)
- Exclusive tours of our galleries led by our curators
- Enrichment activities
- Weekly newsletter that highlights events and info specifically for the volunteers
For further details please see role outline attached.
Join us for a rewarding and enriching experience for our visitors and yourself!
To apply all you need to do is send us an email to [email protected] explaining why you think you would be a good a Visitor Experience Volunteer. We are not looking for academic or professional achievements but would love to know a little bit about you, your motivations and hobbies. Please note you do not need to submit a CV on this website, just send us the email as explained above.
On the email tell us too which of the below dates are convenient for you to attend your taster day.Tuesday 29 January, 10.00-13.00
- Tuesday 29 January, 14.00-17.00
- Saturday 2 February, 10.00-13.00
- Saturday 2 February, 14.00-17.00
- Monday 4 February, 10.00-13.00
- Monday 4 February, 14.00-17.00
Museum Website: http://[email protected]