Legal Counsel Jobs Vacancy at Claranet London
Claranet London urgently required following position for Legal Counsel. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Legal Counsel Jobs Vacancy at Claranet London Jobs Details:
Claranet combines pioneering technologies, practices, and expertise to propel our customers ambitions. Through a vibrant customer centric culture of collaboration, learning, and opportunity, we nurture a dynamic community of the best technology and service expertise spanning cloud, cybersecurity, networks, and unified communications.
Founded in 1996, Claranet has evolved into a multi-disciplinary technology services provider with global reach. The company has annualised revenues of circa £ 375 million, over 6,500 customers, and more than 2,000 employees and operations in nine countries. In the UK we have over 500 staff working in London, Gloucester, Warrington, Bristol, and Leeds, or as homeworkers.
Claranet consistently appears in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 as one of the fastest growing privately-owned businesses in the UK. Our international success is driven by local service, out of local offices, using a mixture of local and international infrastructure, including hyperscaler clouds.
Our aim is to provide expert financial advisory and support services to the business underpinned by an effective control environment at the right cost for the business. This falls into three key areas:
Financial Business Services:
- Production of reporting to support and influence business decision making through analytical review of both lead and lag indicators. Development and overall management of the business planning process
- Development and management of an appropriate governance and risk management framework and the provision of information for investors (Group)
Financial Shared Services:
- Efficient provision of transactional and administrative business processes including related system development and stewardship of core data quality.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team and be expected to be:
- a recently Qualified Solicitor in the United Kingdom (preferably with prior experience of supporting or working within the IT industry);
- familiar with IT infrastructure, outsourcing, telecommunications or cloud computing services desirable;
- skilled at negotiating, drafting and interpreting technology agreements;
- capable of producing fast and accurate work without supervision;
- prior experience in commercial / contract law is essential, with additional exposure to corporate law being advantageous.
- an ambitious individual who is academically sound, commercially orientated and possesses the desire to evolve within the Group;
- experienced in and with and passion for commercial law;
- comfortable providing legal support in a fast-paced enterprise sales environment and advising to C-Level where required;
- eager to learn new technologies and ideas;
- comfortable navigating complicated and nuanced issues;
- a highly motivated, pragmatic, self-starter and
- able to work independently and manage large volumes of work.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Provide strong executive and legal support to the Business Unit Directors and the UK Leadership team on all business and commercial activities.
- Prepare, review, negotiate and finalise all contracts and related documents in relation to any sales activities in the UK across a broad portfolio of IT products and services
- Provide legal advice to other departments within the business on any matters that are legal in nature (e.g. supporting the Commercial function, Facilities etc.).
- The review, supervision and implementation of all policies, processes and procedures of the Legal Department which are pertinent to the UK organisation. This will include training of multiple departments.
- Provide legal support to the Head of Legal and Compliance team where necessary for ad hoc activities related to Group, insurance and other regulatory matters falling within the risk and compliance area of the UK business.
- Effectively manage all litigation matters and disputes, including developing and implementing appropriate risk-mitigation strategies.
- The implementation and supervision of a contracts database for customers and suppliers facilitating the smooth running of ancillary activities linked to the lead to cash process and the cancellations and decommissioning processes.
- Partner with Finance, company Business Units and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with company policies and processes.
- Assist with the provision of legal training for various teams, the drafting of templates and the production of guidance and policies for the business
- Managing and cultivating relationships with stakeholders and business teams and helping to raise awareness within Claranet of the legal team and its contribution and function.
- Conferring with others in the legal team and the company regarding, inter alia, corporate initiatives, product development, and regulatory issues to assess legal risks to the company and plan actions to control or minimize those risks and the supervision of the training contract of Legal and Compliance Executives in accordance with the requirements of the Law Society of England & Wales.