Resettlement Support Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Evolve Housing Support stockwell
Evolve Housing Support stockwell urgently required following position for Resettlement Support Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Resettlement Support Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Evolve Housing Support stockwell Jobs Details:
Resettlement Support Assistant
Resettlement Support Assistant
Housing & Support
Team Manager or Team Leader
37.5 hours comprising of shifts with a rolling rota.
Typical shift pattern (may be subject to some variation dependent on the needs of specific services):
Early - 7am - 3pm
Mid - 10am - 6pm or 11am to 7pm
Late - 2pm - 10pm
Weekends - 2 weekends off in a 6 week rota
Supporting and empowering our customers to move on positively into the community. Assisting with the day-to-day running of the on-site stepdown accommodation at Stockwell.
- Working with customers to assess their needs, risks, and aspirations.
- Assisting customers to move on positively.
- Working with the Resettlement Worker to identify suitable properties and supporting customers to attend viewings.
- Actively promoting customer involvement at all times.
- Working with customers to achieve support plan actions, recording outcomes and reviewing progress towards achieving their goals.
- Establishing supportive and professional relationships with customers and dealing effectively with unpredictable and challenging situations in a professional and sensitive manner.
- Ensuring customers are supported to achieve independent living through proactive support and building positive links with relevant agencies and external partners.
- Planning and delivering a range of customer activities and workshops.
- Ensuring customers are supported to raise complaints, comments and suggestions.
- Supporting colleagues to ensure all voids are advertised and lettings made promptly.
- Supporting customers to pay their rent, including providing advice on benefits and debt management.
- Being accessible and responsive at all times to customers’ concerns and requests for information.
- Supporting and advising customers on any matters relating to their occupancy agreements.
- Dealing with breaches of occupancy agreements sensitively and efficiently, in accordance with warnings and appeal procedures.
- Responding in a decisive and proactive manner to customer and neighbour disputes and complaints.
- Reporting repairs and maintenance in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Supporting colleagues to remove items and make rooms ready for new occupants, where required.
Health and Safety
- Ensuring customers have up to date information on Health and Safety, and supporting them to manage their environment
- Being fully aware of, and working within, Health and Safety legislation
- Carrying out regular Health and Safety inspections, taking immediate action to remedy health and safety defects and alerting the appropriate people in line with Health and Safety Policies
- Supporting colleagues to undertake risk assessments for each customer, and reviewing them regularly
- Keeping accurate records, including logbooks, customer files, monitoring information etc.
- Providing written reports and information as requested.
- Maintaining clear and concise records of all keyworking sessions.
- Being aware of, and adhering to, all relevant financial procedures.
- Maintaining personal records on the HR database.
- Ensuring Evolve’s Equality and Diversity Policy and Code of Conduct are actively promoted and adhered to in all areas of work, and that services are accessible to all individuals.
- Attending and fully participating in supervision and appraisals, team meetings and all training provided.
- Engaging with colleagues and management to fully support the effectiveness of the team.
- Working across other locations, and attending training and meetings on other sites, as required.
This job description provides an indication of the roles and responsibilities for the post of Resettlement Support Assistant, but should not be construed as an exclusive list of the duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
All Evolve’s employees must also be aware of, and adhere to, all Evolve’s policies and procedures.
Evolve reserves the right to amend this role profile as necessary, after consultation with the post holder, to reflect changes to the role.
Please find the job specification below:
Resettlement Support Assistant
The experience, qualifications, knowledge and skills required for this role are set out below.
For job applicants, they will be tested via the application or at interview, or both, as indicated
in the columns on the right.
Please therefore ensure that all the relevant sections are addressed as part of your job application.
Assessed via Interview Process
- Commitment to supporting the needs and aspirations of homeless and vulnerable people (can be demonstrated by examples of personal experiences or volunteering, as well as work experiences)
- An understanding of the reasons why young people become homeless and the needs and challenges they face.
- An understanding of the reasons why young people who have been homeless struggle to move on.
- Ability to plan and deliver workshops and activities to support customers to achieve the actions set out in their support plans (can be demonstrated by examples of personal experiences or volunteering, as well as work experiences).
- Ability to document clear records and to evidence outcomes achieved with customers.
- Ability to work inclusively, as part of a team, and to give and
receive support and constructive feedback.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, demonstrating a good standard of written and spoken English.
- Computer literate, and competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.