Reception Host Jobs Vacancy at Village Hotels Edinburgh
Village Hotels Edinburgh urgently required following position for Reception Host. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Reception Host Jobs Vacancy at Village Hotels Edinburgh Jobs Details:
We are currently recruiting for a Reception Host to join our highly successful team here at Village The Hotel Club Edinburgh. Based in modern and contemporary surroundings you will be required to contribute to the hotels success. You should have a warm, personable nature, can do attitude and eye for details.
You will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed. In return we will offer you second to none career opportunities.
Why choose us?
We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels then we want to hear from you. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline and a commitment to grow our future General Managers from within we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way
Twice a year we review all of our teams against our high performance behaviours
If you stand out as the best in these areas and show potential then you will quickly be spotted for future development.
We are passionate about developing talent.
Apart from this we offer some amazing benefits such as FREE Gym membership to our health and fitness club which includes state of the art gym equipment as well as discounted shopping and stays within our hotels.
To be successful in your application for this position, please read the following:
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of this role is to be the first and last point of contact for guests of Village.
Delivering great guest service as the face of Village when people arrive at the hotel in
person, or make telephone enquires is essential.
It’s vital that guests are warmly and efficiently welcomed, as the role holder confidently
directs each guest to the self check in terminals and providing assistance when necessary.
Equally, it is the role holders responsibility to ensure guests receive a Village farewell upon
- Providing a warm, vibrant welcome to all guests on their arrival.
- Assisting guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner during their stay with
- Taking every opportunity to upsell F&B facilities, including meetings and events.
- Demonstrating full knowledge of the hotel’s facilities and be able to convey information
regarding other hotels in the group.
- Dealing with complaints politely and positively making every effort to resolve there and
then; refer to your line manager if unable to resolve.
- When required, accurately complete the necessary administrative elements for the
- Being the face of your Village Hotel ensuring presence in the reception area at all times.
- Be aware of and operate hotel cash handling when required, security and emergency
procedures and report any discrepancies immediately to the Reception Manager.
- Attend briefing and de-briefing sessions whilst on shift.
- Attend monthly Reception meeting.
- Be aware of health and safety procedures within the department.
- Assist with keeping all front of house areas clean and tidy, clearing away any
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills and displays a ‘larger than life’ personality
- Highly effective communication skills and the ability to be bubbly and approachable at all
times, whilst also being able to adapt to differing situations.
- A passion for guests having a great experience
- Ability to leave a positive lasting impression on all our guests