Online Submission Coordinator Global Peer Review Jobs Vacancy at Informa Abingdon
Informa Abingdon urgently required following position for Online Submission Coordinator Global Peer Review. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Online Submission Coordinator Global Peer Review Jobs Vacancy at Informa Abingdon Jobs Details:
We currently have an opportunity for an organised and proactive Coordinator to support with maintaining and improving our internal peer review workflows across a wide range of academic journals. You will play a key role in ensuring that our systems are aligned with journal and field-specific requirements, and support with the transition from manual to online processes. You'll be a highly organised and adaptable individual, with a genuine interest in learning new systems and identifying areas for improvement to workflows.
We currently have an opportunity for an organised and proactive Coordinator to support with maintaining and improving our internal peer review workflows across a wide range of academic journals. Peer review is an integral part of the publishing process that allows submitted manuscripts to be evaluated and commented on by independent experts within the same field of research. The evaluation and critique generated from peer review provides authors with feedback to improve their work and editors to assess its suitability for publication.
As Online Submissions Coordinator, you will play a key role in ensuring that our peer review systems are aligned with the requirements of our journals and their academic fields, and support with the transition from manual to online processes. Whilst you don't need prior publishing experience, you'll be a highly organised and adaptable individual, with a genuine interest in learning about academic publishing, new systems and identifying areas for improvement to workflows.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist in the roll-out of online tracking systems for manuscripts submitted for peer review
- Assist with the implementation of new systems, supporting Editors with the transition from “manual” to “online” peer review
- Offer training and support to system users by telephone and email
- Reporting on and analyse the number of articles submitted for peer review and their associated processing times
- Taking and preparing team meeting minutes, following up on agreed actions as required
- Diary management
- Maintaining archives
- Dealing with telephone calls, correspondence and routine enquiries, ensuring these are directed to appropriate departments or resources.
What we're looking for:
- An ability to learn and adapt to new processes and make suggestions for improvements
- Excellent prioritisation skills and the ability to juggle a varied workload
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (you will be working with colleagues across departments)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word (basic HTML experience would also be advantageous)
A basic understanding of the concept of peer review and its importance within academic publishing would also be beneficial, although full training on our systems and processes will be provided.
In return we offer 25 days holiday per annum (with 3 additional days for Christmas) a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.