Electro Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Thales Group Crawley
Thales Group Crawley urgently required following position for Electro Mechanical Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Electro Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Thales Group Crawley Jobs Details:
Would you like to work for a world renowned company that research, develop and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better and keep us safer? Do you want to be part of a team of leading specialists that are designing solutions that make tomorrow possible, today? Then look no further…
About the role:
Thales UK have an exciting opportunity for an motivated and talented Electro-Mechanical Engineer to work within Defence Mission Systems (DMS), specifically our Maritime Mission Systems (MMS) business unit; a team dedicated to working on some of the next generation, cutting edge sonar technologies for surface ships and submarines.
Over recent years, MMS has successfully positioned itself in growth markets and has doubled in size over the past ten years; to continue to deliver and continue growth, the MMS business is introducing a new operating capability and team in our Crawley office, working in partnership with our current MMS teams in Manchester and Templecombe. This is a new and exciting venture for our business, offering excellent opportunity for new challenges, prospects for development.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
You will operate in an integral and dynamic role as part of a multi-disciplined team. Reporting into the Electro-Mechanical Engineering Team leader, you will undertake an array of design and development activities for electronic and electro-mechanical solutions. You will collaborate with the team, product and systems level design authorities as well as manufacturing production department.
- Lead Design and development activities for electronic and electro-mechanical solutions.
- Provide technical support and assist the Electro-Mechanical Team Leader in solving key technical issues.
- Carry out more specialised electrical and electronic design tasks associated with design for the sub sea environment.
- Undertake Product Design Authority responsibility.
- Undertake collaborative working across teams and Thales sites across Maritime Mission Systems to solve engineering issues.
- To provide requirements capture, analysis and IVV activities throughout project lifecycles.
- To develop innovative and cost effective electronic solutions which meet design requirements within the constraints of the programme budget and schedule.
- Provide technical direction to the team ensuring that technical challenges/risks are being mitigated and provide support where required.
- Ensure continuous, incremental process improvement within the team and their area of responsibility.
- Undertake bids and technical proposals to include estimating, organising and planning of work activities.
- Collaborate on improvements to company process, work instructions, tools and methodologies.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
We are committed to hiring individuals with a “can do” and positive attitude with willingness to learn and improve on skills and knowledge. The following skills and experience are advantageous for an individual taking up the role, however we are keen to discuss with individuals who possess some of the attributes displayed below with an eagerness to learn Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
- HND / Degree in Electrical / Electronic engineering
- Experience of electrical/electronics design activities in both digital and analogue fields
- Experience/Knowledge of digital signal processing, A to D converters, DSP’s FPGA’s.
- The ability to design, manufacture and test electronic circuits.
- General understanding of Engineering Development lifecycles.
- Ability to create engineering drawings and circuit schematics.
- Experience using lab equipment such as digital test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzer, Emulator, Debuggers, Spectrum Analysis, etc.
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Excellent communicator
As the European number one in defence electronics and the world number two in defence radio communications, Thales is a leading name in the global defence and security markets. In addition to equipping over 40 naval forces across the globe, we have a proud 125-year heritage here in the UK. Today that is represented in our key role delivering the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier and our provision of advanced radio equipment to all of the Royal Navy’s surface combatants.
- At Thales we provide careers, not just jobs. With Thales employing 62,000 people in 50 countries, our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields.
- Every year this is an Annual review to discuss your performance and set objectives. There is also a Professional development review annually to discuss support and training, enabling you to stay motivated on track with your goals.
- We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements. We understand that people have different circumstances and therefore happy to discuss flexible working arrangements/hours/part –time.
- We provide excellent benefits along with a competitive salary comprising of private medical, yearly bonus, notable pension contribution along with 201 hours holiday (27 days) plus one company day per year.
Open to any candidate who is able to provide proof of their identity, their employment history and their right to work in the UK during the recruitment process
Great journeys start here - to play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation click the apply button now!