Data Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Monsoon London
Monsoon London urgently required following position for Data Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Monsoon London Jobs Details:
Looking to join a global retailer who values people? Then look no further. We are committed to developing our people, last year we made numerous promotions across the business and raised over £500K through our Monsoon Charity Trust fund raise. We have a strong brand with many talented people in the business along with a loyal customer base who knows our heritage. We put people first and pride ourselves in attracting, developing, retaining and inspiring our talent.
There will be significant investment in Technology over the next 4 years as the business continues to grow and we are looking a talented Data Analyst to join us on this exciting journey.
The Data Analyst is a business facing role, responsible for helping deliver the business intelligence strategy. Reporting to the Business Intelligence and Insights Manager, the Data Analyst will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
What will you do as a Data Analyst?
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Work closely with all areas of the business to develop hypotheses on areas where operational improvements may be possible.
- Identify, collect, document and cleanse data sources to test those hypotheses in line with data protection standards (e.g. GDPR).
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using a range of statistical techniques to test hypotheses.
- Communicating any findings effectively with the business to ensure better decisions can be made.
- Building business measures to show the impact of projects to ensure that changes in sales, costs, service and availability are visible.
- Maintaining the Monsoon Accessorize Data Dictionary to ensure new data sources, attributes and measures are captured and described accurately.
- Respond quickly to ad hoc business requests for information, data and insight using the BI tools or querying the Enterprise Data Warehouse directly.
- Manage the scoping, development and delivery of small data driven projects to the business.
- Act as a business representative for changes to reporting and business intelligence services.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities and make recommendations for improvements.
- Continuously monitor and improve business satisfaction with the quality of service delivered.
- Manage user acceptance testing and perform system testing when relevant.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business, business strategies and IT roadmaps with the aim of understanding how to deliver benefit through enhanced data, insight and analysis.
- Become a subject matter expert and advocate of Business Intelligence and Insight within the company.
What you will need to succeed as a Data Analyst?
- Proven experience of working on enterprise BI and analytics tools (desirable tools including Business Objects, Alteryx, Data Warehousing, AWS, MicroStrategy)
- Proven experience of writing SQL and handling large datasets is essential.
- Excellent communicator with an eye for detail and the ability to explain complex logic to non-technical audiences.
- Highly numerate and excited to work with data, interpreting the numbers and translating them into actionable items.
- Possesses a positive “can do” attitude and can think outside the box to overcome obstacles.
- Possesses a “business head” with a focus on profit.
- Plans and prioritises effectively on a short, medium and long term basis.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Demonstrates a willingness to go above and beyond.
- Behaves consistently and with integrity always.
- Experience of working within a Retail environment (desirable)
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant discipline (desirable)
- Experience of working with databases and data modelling, ideally including semi structured or unstructured data (desirable)
What are we like to work for?
If you're ambitious, Monsoon Accessorize is a great place to be. We're still growing which means there are more opportunities than ever before. We're also committed to developing our talent. Last year we made numerous promotions across the company. This year promises to be no exception. You will enjoy a benefits package which includes an amazing discount across our brands, up to 23 days holiday, pension, life assurance and an interest free season ticket card loan. We also provide a great range of voluntary benefits with external companies that you can take advantage of such as discounts on gym memberships and the opportunity to ride a tax free bike to work to name a few!
If you feel you have the potential to join us as a Data Analyst, we would love to hear from you.