Machine Operative Jobs Vacancy at Acheson Glover Ltd Toome
Acheson Glover Ltd Toome urgently required following position for Machine Operative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Machine Operative Jobs Vacancy at Acheson Glover Ltd Toome Jobs Details:
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
CORE HOURS: 40 Hours per week (4.30pm- 2.30am Monday to Thursday)
MAIN PURPOSE: To undertake the operation and maintenance of static and mobile plant in the manufacturing of concrete products.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The manufacture of concrete products is highly mechanical and computerised, so your work as a Machine/General Operative is likely to include:
- Operation of computer controlled machine panels during the manufacture of concrete products
- Making mechanical adjustments to machine parts
- Regular inspection of production within quality guidelines to ensure minimum wastage
- Setting up the production line, production machinery and making periodic changes needed to manufacture different products.
- Making minor adjustments to machine settings to improve quality and efficiency
- Fault investigation and reporting of machinery faults to shift supervisors and maintenance staff
- Daily housekeeping and maintenance – to include washing, cleaning, greasing
- Keeping the machines and work area clean and tidy during the shift
- Ensure adequate machines supplies with raw materials, packaging materials, cement in liaison with Production Supervisor
- Adhering to all Company Health and Safety polices at all times, wearing the correct company PPE while working in the plant and yard, taking responsibility for your own safety and that of work colleagues
- Operating the machinery in a safe working manner in conjunction with pre-defined permit to work systems/Risk Assessments and Method statements
- Operation of Mobile plant as required in a safe manner
- Providing production support, again as required, to other factories/departments
- Any other duties assigned by supervisors/managers commensurate with the role.
The above list is not exhaustive but aims to provide a broad range of duties and responsibilities of the post.
- Previous experience of automated manufacturing production line and operating systems.
- Previous experience of concrete products manufacturing.
- Ability to meet production targets
- Adherence and appreciation for H&S and general housekeeping standards.