Chat Buddy Jobs Vacancy at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals Nhs Foundation Trust Blackpool
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals Nhs Foundation Trust Blackpool urgently required following position for Chat Buddy. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Chat Buddy Jobs Vacancy at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals Nhs Foundation Trust Blackpool Jobs Details:
The role of a CHAT Buddy is to enhance the healing environment of our Patients. Chat Buddy’s will talk to patients who have cognitive impairments and may participate in creative and recreational therapy. Chat Buddy’s may interact with patients around a variety of subjects of interest to the patient and may use resources such as memory boxes and newspapers to promote positive interactions which may help with a patient’s recovery.
All volunteers will complete a six week trial as an opportunity for them to check if they will enjoy volunteering, and for us to assess the suitability of their voluntary role. At all times volunteers will be expected to:
- Participate in appropriate training required by the Trust, the Voluntary Services Department and the respective area;
- Promote a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere;
- Offer a smile to everyone and engage in friendly and appropriate conversation with those people who would like to talk;
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity to all individuals, ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times;
- Refer individuals to the appropriate member of staff where necessary;
- Engage in any other appropriate activity under the guidance and support of a member of staff.
This is a great chance for the community to get involved with their local hospital charity, helping to support enhanced care to patients across Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre, and beyond.
We are currently recruiting new volunteers within many of our voluntary groups. If you would like to express an interest in volunteering with us, or you require any further information, please check our Volunteer Vacancies page.