Asset Protection Scheme Interface Manager Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail London
Network Rail London urgently required following position for Asset Protection Scheme Interface Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Asset Protection Scheme Interface Manager Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail London Jobs Details:
Safely and seamlessly integrating externally funded projects into the railway environment, you will minimise the impact on railway operations and operational infrastructure. You will leverage your knowledge and understanding of rail related risks and constraints in order to facilitate solutions that align with the external client objectives whilst meeting all stakeholder requirements. You will provide guidance to the external client team to support adherence to relevant Network Rail and rail industry standards and processes.About the role (External)
The Asset Protection Scheme Interface Manager will safely and seamlessly integrate externally funded projects into the railway environment, whilst minimising impacts on railway operations and operational infrastructure. Leveraging your knowledge and understanding of rail related risks and constraints you will facilitate solutions to align with the external client objectives whilst meeting all stakeholder requirements. To provide guidance to the external client team to support adherence to relevant Network Rail and rail industry standards and processes.
Key Skills and Responsibilities
1. Develop and deliver solutions for externally funded, high value, politically sensitive and multi-disciplinary projects (Levels of Control 2, 3 & 4) and where mandated, assure delivery in accordance with the GRIP lifecycle. Manage the seamless integration of all project risks affecting the operational railway.
2. Engage with and manage the interface with internal stakeholders to enable compliance with Network Rail governance and assurance processes. Facilitate compliance against the Railways Act and Network Licence and oversee the completion of deliverables.
3. Interrogate the Client remit and programme and provide clarity of operational railway interface requirements, devising solutions to enable early and accurate decision making by the Client.
4. Liaise with Construction Design Management (CDM) Client and other duty holders to establish principles for project compliance with the CDM Regulations.
5. Support the Network Rail interface with projects to secure and allocate resource and assure that delivery of projects is in compliance with Network Rail processes and procedures. Assist in communicating progress against defined milestones and expectations, supporting implementation of contingency measures where necessary.
6. Assist in facilitating agreement between all parties to identify which organisation acts as proposer for infrastructure changes in accordance with the Common Safety Method - Risk Assessment Regulations. Monitor and analyse all aspects of risk and performance over the project lifecycle.
7. Review lessons learned and develop mitigation strategies with stakeholders to refine project proposals to facilitate successful delivery.
8. Build effective relationships with all stakeholders, manage expectations, champion project interests.
9. Identify and progress opportunities to reduce Network Rail asset and maintenance liabilities, resolving conflicting works and driving efficiencies.
10. Assist in facilitating full recovery of Network Rail costs in accordance with the Legal Agreement between the external party and Network Rail.
11. Provide support to accident, incident & close call events, sharing outputs with client teams.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Membership (or working towards membership) Association for Project Management
- Achieved PRINCE2 Foundation or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the operational railway and railway infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience of delivery of projects in the rail environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Team player able to quickly build relationships and share knowledge acquired
- Demonstrable ability to constructively challenge the ideas of others with good evaluation and decision-making skills.
- Understanding of project commercial requirements & programme controls
- Knowledge of health, safety & environmental requirements and legislation including CDM Regulations and CSM-RA
- Knowledge and experience of project budget management.
- Knowledge of GRIP
- Knowledge of investment, commercial and procurement practices.
- Previous experience working within Asset Protection
- Understanding of rail infrastructure maintenance techniques
- Knowledge of rail possessions/ isolations
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £39514 - £44453
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Closing date: 01 October 2018. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.CurrencyGBP Amount of Travel Work At Home