Market Research Junior Researcher Covering Japan Jobs Vacancy at Mintel London
Mintel London urgently required following position for Market Research Junior Researcher Covering Japan. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Market Research Junior Researcher Covering Japan Jobs Vacancy at Mintel London Jobs Details:
Location: Central London, St Paul's
Salary: 20k p.a
We are looking for a Junior Researcher to join our global Research team, reporting to a Regional Manager, to provide telephone and internet based research of Japan. The successful candidate will be working with some of the most recognisable consumer brands, delivering market data, helping our global clients to grow and develop their businesses, responding to ad hoc requests, as well as feeding into long term strategic planning.
As a Junior Researcher you will:
- Carry out economic market research for various different sectors within Japan, using desk research on secondary published resources and communicating regularly with trade associations, national statistics, governmental agencies and the leading players within each sector, both by email and over the phone.
- Find quality, timely and reliable data specifically on the market size, market segmentation, market shares, brand shares, key players' performance and forecasts for each markets
- Input all relevant data into a web-based platform which will be quality checked and validated by the Regional Manager
- Aim to continuously improve the research process, from the sources of information used, transfer of knowledge and final product quality
- Provide insights and opinions into the markets where required
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with contacts within research sources
- are educated to degree level
- have excellent analytical skills
- do enjoy working with numbers
- are fluent in English and Japanese (written and spoken)
- have knowledge of Japan (have lived in the country for at least 5 years)
- have good communication skills
- have good organizational skills
- feel confident in conducting online desk research
- feel confident in conducting telephone research (not CATI)
- strong knowledge of excel and word
- have a valid visa for working in the UK
- any previous experience of outbound calls for sales/research/customer service purposes within Japan would be a plus
- it is an advantage also to have a good understanding of the FMCG markets and retail structure of Japan
Mintel began four decades ago, providing food and drink research in the UK. Now the brand spans all corners of the globe. Mintel's leading analysts are world-renowned experts in diverse areas such as leisure, consumer goods, beauty, retail, financial services, sales promotion and social trends.
Life at Mintel
Our over 800 employees have over 51 different nationalities and speak over 37 languages. Mintel is all about people. We are committed to finding, training and growing the world's most talented employees. From your very first day with Mintel, we will ensure that you benefit from continuous performance measurement, training and development. Besides that, you will enjoy several other benefits including:
- Working from home once a week
- 25 days of annual leave, excluding bank holidays
- Discounted gym membership
- Life assurance
- Discounted dental insurance
- Fresh Fruit
- Free breakfast
- Interest free bike loan
- Interest free travel loan
- Childcare Vouchers