Global Markets Regulatory Change Associate Jobs Vacancy at Hsbc London
Hsbc London urgently required following position for Global Markets Regulatory Change Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Global Markets Regulatory Change Associate Jobs Vacancy at Hsbc London Jobs Details:
Business : Global Banking and Markets
New or Existing Role: New
GCB Grade: 5 (GCB5/ GCB 5)
Location : 8 Canada Square, London
The Markets regulatory change group is accountable for ensuring that the Markets business cross asset class continue to be connected with regulators, peers and clients in the lobbying and understanding of the regulations. Subsequently, the group is responsible for ensuring that HSBC’s Markets businesses are compliant with all existing and incoming regulations globally. This role performs a critical function in ensuring ongoing compliance with global regulations including new regulations, changing and evolving regulations and BAU requirements to ensure we continue to adhere to existing regulatory requirements. The role focusses on applying business analysis and project management skills to successfully manage change and project managing ongoing implementations in particular, understanding the intent of new regulation and managing and analysing the impact to the business, and ultimately implementing successful programs to meet changes and ensure they are embedded in our day to day operations. The role allows Markets to maintain our licence to operate with our client base, and ensure that we remain compliant whilst also factoring in the commercial impacts of regulation and associated changes and ensuring that we continue to improve and enhance and strive for efficiencies.
- Identify relevant information and insight on the various regulatory drafts that will affect the industry and the competition and compile responses for business review
- Provide input into business development, helping to develop processes and procedures that allow the business to comply with regulations
- Implement global solutions wherever possible, ensuring consistent standards are met across entities and asset classes within Markets.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the offering to meet customer needs, through partnership with other areas of the organisation where required. Work with support areas to improve client experience and drive efficiency in a compliant manner
- Ensure that Markets business lines are compliant with regulation.
- Drive solutions with internal support teams to reduce operational risk
- Strong business analysis skills
- Develop and drive technology development plans consistent with global target operating model
- Identify opportunities to improve the business process and deliver efficiencies to the region
- Represent the needs of the business in Markets programme working groups
- Support the efficient and smooth running of Business and Regulatory driven initiatives.
- Work closely with other parts of the organisation F2B to ensure the right level of support is provided to deliver effectively F2B initiatives
- Ensure all stakeholders are fully appraised of project progress via regular updates, working groups, steering committees and MI
• Knowledge of Regulatory landscape across the financial markets desirable,
- Has strong understanding of F2B operations of a Markets business
- Prior Markets experience including an understanding of financial products (Equities, FX and Fixed Income)
- Able to influence various groups (FO, Ops, IT, Risk, Finance) to achieve desired outcome
- Communicates effectively to update senior management of progress and problems
- Self-starter with good organisational and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task managing various deliveries concurrently to meet deadlines and budgets
- Understand market developments, business and client needs pre and post trade
- Process thinker, with ability to design / engineer efficient processes, and create efficient STP work flow
- Solutions oriented, with a strong sense of ownership and problem solving skills
- Flexible with good time management; can carry out a number of different tasks concurrently
- Needs to quickly establish credibility with business, compliance and functional face-offs.
- Ability to coordinate across business areas, functions and regions
- Needs to quickly establish credibility with business, compliance and functional face-offs
Under the Company's internal 'Back to Front'/’Front to Back’ transfer policy this role may be classed as High Risk. As a result, candidates may require enhanced approvals and vetting checks if they are currently employed in a Front Office department, or if they have worked in a Front Office department within the last 5 years (please refer to the HR FIM definition for further guidance).
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.