Office Team Jobs Vacancy at Abernethy
Abernethy urgently required following position for Office Team. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Team Jobs Vacancy at Abernethy Jobs Details:
Full-time permanent contract. Start date: January 2019
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is essential to our ministry as our Office Team is often the first point of contact for guests. We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic person who is highly organised and reliable and who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
You might feel that you are interested in this vacancy but don't yet possess the relevant training, in this instance we would be willing to consider appointing a Trainee Office Team member.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Office Team Member?
- To deal with routine enquiries by phone and e-mail
- To take bookings and a friendly and efficient manner
- To handle face-to-face enquiries at the Reception Desk and deal with them efficiently with a smile
- Assisting with general sales and developing new leads
- To provide information to guests and departments within the centre before, during and after a guests visit
- To liaise with group leaders and potential guests before and during their stay
- To undertake general administration relating to the running of a busy AdventureCentre
- To play a full part in ensuring maximum possible occupancy of the Centre
- To ensure the administration of bookings is efficient and leads to payment of invoices according to our booking conditions
- To facilitate repeat bookings from our guests
- Active involvement with our 'Explore' Christian programme
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- Have a growing Christian Faith
- Are a positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Have a warm and welcoming personality
- Have high standards in customer care
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Have good office and administration skills
- Are able to use Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Are self-motivated, discreet and can demonstrate initiative
- Are willing to be flexible and go the extra mile when required
- Have good attention to detail
- Previous experience of working in an office or front desk environment
- And/or previous experience of working in a customer-facing role
- Previous experience in using bookings or CRM software
- Good presentation skills
- An interest in youth work and/or outdoor activities
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board, single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including swimming pool and climbing wall
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area - the Cairngorm National Park and the Moray coast