Data Collector Jobs Vacancy at Lionbridge Technologies Derby
Lionbridge Technologies Derby urgently required following position for Data Collector. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Collector Jobs Vacancy at Lionbridge Technologies Derby Jobs Details:
This is a Permanent position working 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
- The Data Collector is responsible for the collection and collation of technical data from a variety of Engineering and Manufacturing departments
- Data Collectors gather information from a wide variety of sources such as equipment, databases, spreadsheets, corporate intranets, laboratory reports and meeting minutes. Required data is engineering-related and used to identify and improve quality, consistency and time to market for client products.
- Data Collectors must be able to interpret complex technical data in simple and easy to understand ways.
- Data Collectors also collate information into a complete package for transfer to a data analysis team for analysis and interpretation.
- Data Collectors must be motivated and proactive, and be able to positively interact with many different departments and teams within a client organisation.
- Collection and Collation of technical data from a wide variety of sources
- Interpretation of complex technical data
- Preparation of data/information packages for transfer to Data Analysis team
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to)
- Collect appropriate engineering data for usage in databases and conduct related research
- Interview client stakeholders to identify relevant data resources
- Work with clients to identify potential data sources required for analysis
- Research databases, intranets and other data sources for relevant information
- Collate all found data into single package for further analysis
- Integrate collected data into statistical programs such as Minitab to perform analysis
- Run reports and statistical analyses from Minitab, Excel and other software, following standard statistical methods
- Identify accurate variables from original information or data and complete statistical analysis as required
- Interpret data analysis results and provide written summary of data analysis
- Write reports and prepare and deliver presentations of findings
- Colleagues/Data Collectors
- Customer Stakeholders
- Team Leader, Data Collection
- Project Coordinator
- Educated to GCSE level, (or equivalent), in English & Maths, Grade C or above
- Experience in a technical environment preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must be detail oriented with strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand and analyse various types of engineering data
- Knowledge and experience of statistical methods and techniques
- Experience of working with different kinds of data tools such as Excel, Minitab and other statistical programs to run basic data analysis
- Able to work with different kinds of data, including databases, spreadsheets, etc.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Able to show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness
- Ability to work remotely when required
- All roles require you to obtain a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, before commencing employment with Lionbridge.
Thisrole also requires full Security Clearance - SC - We will help you with this