Sports Facilities Assistants Jobs Vacancy at Eton College Eton
Eton College Eton urgently required following position for Sports Facilities Assistants. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sports Facilities Assistants Jobs Vacancy at Eton College Eton Jobs Details:
Share it with someone you know.
Sports Facilities Assistants
Eton College, which was founded by Henry VI in 1440 for 70 scholars, has over the years become a boarding school for 1300 boys. It is the largest boarding school for boys in the United Kingdom. The school welcomes boys from all backgrounds and has 130 pupils on merit based scholarships at any one time. Around 20% receive a range of bursarial financial assistance averaging 67% fee remission and over 70 boys receive 100% support. This year the School will spend £6.5m on bursaries and scholarships. This income is not from fees paid by parents but generated from our endowment and donations received. Boys joined us this year from 114 middle and prep schools spread throughout the UK and only 10% of boys come from overseas.
Main purpose of the post:
To provide a high quality service and a safe environment to all our users. The post holder will have particular responsibility for the health and safety of users and also the cleanliness of the gym, pool and all-weather surfaces for all visitors to the centre.
- Ensure that all health and safety duties are carried out in accordance with NOP/EAP procedures and following procedures in the Staff Information File.
- To take responsibility for the fitness facilities when on shift ensuring the user’s safety and correct use of facilities.
- To take responsibility for the swimming pool when on shift ensuring the user’s safety and correct use of facilities.
- Act as first contact for all sports facility users
- To actively support the Manager with implementing new services and facilities.
- To carry out the responsibilities of the post showing regard to the Eton’s policies and procedures as well as additional guidelines as laid out in the Centre’s Staff Information file.
- Carry out lifeguard duties overseeing the general safety and behaviour of the public to prevent injury, drowning, misuse and damage to facilities.
- Undertake a range of duties in wet, dry and other areas including the Gym, all weather surfaces which will include; control of facilities (changing rooms, showers and toilets); and assembly and dismantling of equipment (such as lane ropes and diving blocks).
- To work on a shift basis to ensure adequate staffing levels to cope with the changing customer and operational demands of the Sports Centre.
- To report any maintenance issues via PINKS system.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Sports facilities Manager on days/events that fall outside of the normal schedule.(Fourth June)
- Any other duties reasonably requested
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the services of Eton college.
- To comply with relevant Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct and policies concerning data protection and health and safety.
- To adhere to security controls and requirements as mandated by the Eton policies, procedures and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability and legal compliance of information and systems
- To promote equality, diversity, and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and working to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected.
- A commitment to safeguarding within the school and to adhere to Eton’s safeguarding policy and procedures at all times
- To understand Eton duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children, young people and adults as they apply to the role within the school.
- Deliver high quality and responsive services wherever they are based, as well as having the ability to adapt to sometimes differing processes and expectations.
- Attend staff training on a regular basis (currently once a month) to practice practical skills and to cover department issues.