Business Administration Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Post Office Ltd London
Post Office Ltd London urgently required following position for Business Administration Apprentice. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Administration Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Post Office Ltd London Jobs Details:
Contract Type: 24 Months Fixed Term
Location: London, Finsbury Dials
Reporting to: Diversity and Inclusion Manager
Closing Date: 12th October 2018
Please read the below job description for further information below – and apply by following the link above.
To support the HR Director for People and Culture and the People and Culture team with day to day administrative support.
The ideal person is someone who is interested in a career in HR eventually undertaking a related qualification. Alongside your placement you’ll will enrol onto a level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship. You will receive ongoing support and guidance from a mentor to help shape your ongoing career progression, as well as a ‘buddy’ to support you during the programme.
- Managing the administration to support the effective delivery of various Engagement and Diversity & Inclusion programmes
- Administrative support for People & Culture Director, including expenses, travel and accommodation booking
- Event organisation – booking rooms, catering etc – assisting with quarterly engagement champion meetings, biannual diversity and inclusion events and other ad hoc events
- Support with the Colleague Engagement Survey process including preparation of employee files and hierarchies, managing issues and queries during survey live period and dealing with queries on the results portal
- Support managing the Engagement Champion network
- Work with the HR Director and wider team to develop presentations as required for team meetings or stakeholder events
- Support with Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, including the administration of a mentoring programme
- Support the team in engaging with key suppliers, e.g. setting up meetings and making payments
- Ensure that every reasonable opportunity is taken to maintain and improve personal and professional competence to share knowledge of skills and best practice with HR colleagues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working effectively within a team
- Confident and happy talking to new people, approachable and understanding
- Good organisational and administration skills with the ability to prioritise own workload, good attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and be self-motivated
- Ability to inspire confidence and gain the trust and respect of a wide range of people
- Flexible and can-do attitude
- Good IT skills (Inc. PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
We know that the best way to provide a great service for customers is to evolve our business and adapt to their changing needs. That’s why we have a range of over 170 products and services, from personal financial services like banking, insurance, payments and travel money, to telecoms and, of course, mails. And we’re improving our online and in store experience for customers. We know that our customers never stop changing, so neither will we.
Securing the future Post Office’s future:
We are working hard to ensure that the next chapter of the Post Office’s history is a bright one. We are the current guardians of an iconic business and we want to hand over a thriving network of branches which can continue to provide essential products and services for our customers for many years to come. This is a uniquely exciting and challenging time for the Post Office – we’re shaping the future and creating a business we can all be proud of.
Working at the Post Office:
Post Office colleagues are the driving force behind our business. Whether they are in our branches or supporting from our offices, we are proud of the energy, commitment and customer focus our people all have in common.
All Post Office people are guided by our three values and behaviours:
- We care by always thinking customer
- We strive to make things ever better through honest challenge
- We commit to decisive deliver
The Post Office embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace and actively promote working without discrimination. We are also a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to interviewing disabled people who meet our minimum criteria for the job.