Animal Care Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Giles Animal Clinic Limited Taunton
Giles Animal Clinic Limited Taunton urgently required following position for Animal Care Apprentice. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Animal Care Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Giles Animal Clinic Limited Taunton Jobs Details:
St Giles Animal Centre are looking for a commited and enthuastic apprentice to join us to support with the day to day care of all animals in our care. We want someone that has a strong passion for working with animals and can work as part of a team and individually.
- Caring for the animals in the boarding kennels.
- Including feeding, watering and walking dogs.
- Cleaning the kennels and cattery.
- Observing the health of the animals.
- Care of cats, dogs and small animals which include rabbits and guinea pigs.
- Training of the dogs within the kennels.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be physically fit as can be demanding
- Being able to work both individually and as part of a team
- Must show and be able to use initiative
- Maintaining a constant high standard of work
- Following instructions fully and efficiently
- Polite and well spoken
- Keen to engage with the public
- Understand the importance of hygiene
- Keen to take on new tasks
- Have a positive and proactive approach to life
You will need to have GCSE’s in the A* - E range or equivalent. You will also need to complete an initial assessment at College, which will help us guide you to the most appropriate programme to meet your needs.
To be reviewed after the apprenticeship finishes.
Things to consider
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.