Digital Content Ops Manager Jobs Vacancy at Discovery Communications Llc London
Discovery Communications Llc London urgently required following position for Digital Content Ops Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Digital Content Ops Manager Jobs Vacancy at Discovery Communications Llc London Jobs Details:
- Create, document, communicate and implement workflows, processes and stand operating procedures and ensure these are followed and update as required. Highlight gaps and enhancements that need additional development to optimise the effectiveness of the content delivery workflow
- Distribution and management of the TX schedules ensuring any changes are logged.
- Handle all scheduling base communication between rights holders (such as PGA Tour and Ladies European tour) and dependent business areas.
- Oversee work with engineers, customer services and TOC for handing-off or taking over active support issues, prioritising root-cause fixes with engineers and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set
- Oversee forward planning and booking of all circuitry, live stream encoders and satellite time
- Content Management and editorial support within the CMS, drafting, editing and uploading copy and images;
- Proactively manage the team, including recruitment, performance management, appraisals and objective setting;
- Own operational excellence and continuous process improvement projects for Golf TV’s Content Operations group, maintain performance targets and reports, and identify internal and external risks and opportunities
- Oversee the management of the operational run-books for events and services
- Oversee working with commercial sales houses/inventory management teams to ensure the timeline requirements are met and break structures are compliant with regulatory body.
- Consumer platform monitoring; review quality and performance of video on a range of iOS, Android and Chrome consumer devises.
- Previous experience in a similar role in live sports with demonstrable operational management, project management and process control
- Line management experience of operation teams for large scale live events
- Previous experience of successfully working within an international team, with various regions and cultures.
- Experience running operations teams with run books, stand operating and escalation procedures
- Knowledge of broadcast operations, video codecs and common streaming protocols.
- Proven record working in large audience events creating editorial copy for news, sports or entertainment
- Background in developing and supporting new methods for live video delivery.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to suggest and implement new processes in Operations to improve performance.
- Be flexible to work weekends and evenings on a shift basis
- Ability to problem solve, manage risks and generate solutions to get desired results
- Ability to establish and define clear systems, working practices and procedures to share with wider team
- A golf fan or a passion for golf would be an advantage