Postman Postwoman With Driving Jobs Vacancy at Royal Mail Group Bournemouth
Royal Mail Group Bournemouth urgently required following position for Postman Postwoman With Driving. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Postman Postwoman With Driving Jobs Vacancy at Royal Mail Group Bournemouth Jobs Details:
Part time Delivery Postman / Postwoman with Driving
Job reference: 113136
Location: Westbourne Delivery Office BH4 9AP
Hours: 25:00 hours, between 10:00 and 15:00 , 5 days per week (Monday – Saturday)
Hourly Rate: £10.46 Age 18+, £8.13 Age 17.
Royal Mail is one of the UK’s best-loved brands. Every day, we’re bringing letters and parcels to people around the country; something that communities across the UK rely on. We are 150,000 strong with 500 years of history, and we wear our badge with pride. Now, we want you to wear it too.
About the role
From scorching summer days to the depths of winter, our postmen and postwomen play a vital role, delivering the mail. It’s a physically demanding job – but it’s one the nation relies on. Here, you will:
- Work part-time hours between the hours of 10:00 and 15:00
- Cover periods of leave for a fixed number of routes (so you’ll need to be a bit flexible)
- Sort the mail for your route
- Check your vehicle and join a colleague for your round
- Spend between four and six hours delivering mail outdoors
- Upbeat and self-motivated: You’ll be happy working solo as well as part of a team.
- Love of the outdoors: From rural farms to city apartments, corner shops to business parks, whatever the weather (and, this being Britain, it can get quite extreme) we’re there, six days a week. That means you’ll need to be happy being out and about.
- Good level of fitness: There’s up to six hours per day of walking, so you should relish a role that keeps you fit.
- Excellent organisation: You will need to be able to plan your round and make sure you complete all your deliveries in good time.
- Resilience: You will be able to work under pressure and with the public, acting as a friendly face that people know and trust.
- Flexibility: You will be working in different areas covering your colleagues’ holidays, so you might need to adjust your working hours to match your round.
Driving licence requirements
A full UK manual driving licence (in your current UK address), with no more than six penalty points is essential, but a clean licence is preferred. Please note you will be required to show this at assessment.
We’re more than a household name. Using technology and logistics, we’re delivering a ‘one-price-goes-anywhere’, universal postal service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK – everything from birthday presents to exam results. This means you’ll make a difference to people’s lives, every day.
Our postmen and postwomen are part of the community. We don’t just deliver post: we deliver a promise. No matter the location, we make it to that doorstep – and we make our customers smile. It might seem like a little thing but, together, we have a big impact.
Royal Mail Group, delivered by people for people
We’re also an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at our heart. We welcome applications from individuals of all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
We offer an industry-leading pay and benefits package
Age 17 £8.13 + 6 months +12 months
Age 18+ £10.46 £11.04 £11.62
You will be paid weekly, with pay increments after six months and twelve months, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a weekly supplement of £25.66 (pro-rata) plus overtime and shift allowance if applicable for Delivery work.
- Holiday entitlement starts at 22.5 days on entry rising with length of service (pro-rata)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Full uniform provided
- Childcare voucher scheme where you can save tax and National Insurance by paying for your childcare by the Childcare Plus scheme, and an excellent maternity/paternity leave policy
- Cycle2work scheme
- Many varied corporate discounts e.g. lifestyle discounts to include high street vouchers, travel & attraction discounts for family days out, fashion, gifts and health & wellbeing to include discount on beauty products and gym membership.
- Part time 25:00 hours per week
- Working between the hours of 10:00 and 15:00
- Five days across Monday to Saturday
- One day off during the week (rotational day off)
What happens next?
After you apply, your application will be reviewed and, if you’re successful, you will be invited to a face-to-face interview.
We plan to hold interviews on 07/11/2019 and 08/11/2019, therefore if you wish to apply please ensure you are available on this date.
For further information, please click here.