Stores Controller Doncaster Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Doncaster
Network Rail Doncaster urgently required following position for Stores Controller Doncaster. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Stores Controller Doncaster Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Doncaster Jobs Details:
As Stores Controller you will control and coordinate the procurement, storage, control, issue/return and recycling of plant, tools, equipment and materials in an efficient manner for the Maintenance Delivery group.About the role (External)
In your role as Stores Controller you will coordinate the procurement, processing, receiving, issue, return and recycling of all plant, materials and equipment required by the Maintenance Delivery group. You will monitor and undertake replenishment of stock levels (including vehicle based items) in all stock holding locations to provide the required equipment/materials, whilst maintaining efficient stock and cost controls.
Other Key Accountabilities
1. Check that plant, tools, equipment and materials are fit for use and are stored and disposed of correctly.
2. Provide quarantine area/facilities for stock, materials, small plant, tools and equipment that are not fit for purpose and arrange replacement.
3. Maintain safe and tidy store/stock locations.
4. Produce and maintain stock, material, plant, tools and equipment records as required.
5. Contribute to your own development and that of others.
6. Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements or other instructions.
7. Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Able to work as part of team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Hold and retain the competencies relevant to this post, required by business need.
- Ideally hold (or be working towards) an NVQ level 1 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
- Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need.
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
Network Rail adheres to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS). This is a government standard for pre-employment vetting. All prospective employees will undergo the required checks to meet this standard before joining the company.
Closing date: 08 October 2018, late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
CurrencyGBP Amount of Travel Work At Home