Project Management Assistant Change Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Milton Keynes
Network Rail Milton Keynes urgently required following position for Project Management Assistant Change. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Management Assistant Change Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Milton Keynes Jobs Details:
About the role
Network Rail’s Route Services Transformation team are looking for a Project Management Assistant for their transformation portfolio to revolutionise how Route Services delivers services to its customers. You’ll be working for a Programme Controls Manager in a portfolio office which centrally manages a portfolio of work ensuring strategic alignment, appropriate prioritisation and selection, progress tracking and monitoring, optimisation and benefits achieved by a series of projects and programmes on behalf of the senior management team.
Ideally, you will have previous experience in this field, good attention to detail, organisational abilities and an understanding of how to work with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. In a close knit team excellent communication skills is also a must have trait.
We encourage flexible working in our team, and this role would also be suitable for a full time, part time or job share arrangement.About the role (External)
What will you be doing?
1. Assist the Programme Controls Manager in the maintaining programme control over transformation portfolio to deliver to time, cost and quality in a safe manner and report on programme progress.
2. Collate, format and distribute information to support programme requirements. Cascade to internal and external parties where appropriate.
3. Assist in the maintenance and creation of programme governance documentation in accordance to company standards e.g. MSP4NR
4. Support the monitoring & reporting of benefits realised by the programmes; identify, investigate and report shortfalls against stated benefits
5. Support the Risk and Issue management procedure of the portfolio and check that the risk register is updated accordingly
6. Support the delivery of consistent quality management procedures and standards across the portfolio of programmes
7. Assist the Programme Controls Manager to facilitate assurance reviews of the programmes
8. Support the change management procedure for the portfolio, and check the change control log is updated accordingly
9. Participate in and support programmes as required
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Do you meet the following criteria?
- Good Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Word and MS Project skills
- Educated to HND/HNC or relevant work experience
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt trained
- A degree or equivalent
Safe behaviour is a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should be able to demonstrate their awareness of our safety vision
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the pay range advertised. If your current salary is above the maximum shown you will transfer into the new role on your current base pay. For more information refer to your pay
This is a Band 5 vacancy and is paying the following salary:
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
Closing date: 1st November 2018, this vacancy is also being advertised externally, late applications will not be accepted.
Please clearly show in your application how your skills and experience match the requirements of this role.
It is a requirement of the role to live within 75 minutes commuting time of The Quadrant: Milton Keynes.
For further information please Nicola Willford on 07720512431
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We are two ticks accredited and we continue to strive to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history