Membership Visitor Welcome Manager Jobs Vacancy at National Trust Barnsley
National Trust Barnsley urgently required following position for Membership Visitor Welcome Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Membership Visitor Welcome Manager Jobs Vacancy at National Trust Barnsley Jobs Details:
LIVE TWITTER CHAT: If you have any questions about the job opportunities and Wentworth Castle Gardens, please login in to Twitter and join the Live Chat with NT staff by searching #AskTheNT on Thursdays between 12.30-13.30 or tweet us @NatTrustJobs.
This is a truly one-off opportunity to shape a special place with the needs of the local community at its heart.
The National Trust is in lease negotiations to take over the running of this site- a magnificent Grade 1 Registered Park and Garden in South Yorkshire . We’re looking to build a new, creative and collaborative leadership team to enable more people to experience Wentworth Castle Gardens, through events, activities, volunteering and employment opportunities.
Have you got fantastic team leadership skills and experience of working to targets in a busy visitor environment? We’d like you to bring those skills to the biggest conservation charity in Europe. We need your help to delight our visitors every day, helping us grow our membership every year.
Our current organisational strategy is the most ambitious we have ever had. It’s also the most exciting. To meet the challenges we face in the historic and natural environment we know we need to work differently, have a more participative approach, working with new partners, communities and visitors in new ways.
What it's like to work here:Wentworth Castle Gardens is a site of national treasures. It comprises 63 acres of formal gardens and 500 acres of wider parkland. It also contains 26 listed buildings and monuments including Stainborough Castle – a mock medieval castle, and a Victorian conservatory which is one of the last surviving Victorian ‘winter gardens’ in the country and the first glass house to be lit by electricity. With 7 million people living within an hour, the potential for this site is huge.
What you'll be doing:Visitors are a vital part of what we do. As a charity every penny we raise goes back into our continued conservation of our places and spaces. As the manager for the membership and visitor welcome team, you’ll lead by example, seizing all opportunities to grow our income at the visitor welcome, from promoting the benefits of our membership, to gift aid and direct debit schemes. You’ll be responsible for inspiring your team to achieve membership targets, as well as delivering your own.
Being a member of National Trust you’ll enjoy free access to hundreds of unforgettable places, you’ll also help protect them for future generations.
You’ll coach and motivate the team to ensure a high standard of customer service. You’ll be responsible for the presentation of the visitor reception and making sure your team is always aware of what’s happening at the property that your visitors can enjoy. You’ll tell your visitors about the amazing work we do and what their money is funding.
Who we're looking forTo be successful in this important role, you’ll need to have:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- An inspiring 'can do' energy and drive
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Great people management skills
- Confidence working with sales and membership targets
- A genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Previous experience recruiting and training new team members
- A good understanding of a heritage or conservation environment
The packageLooking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership at over 100 leisure facilities across the country
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our Retail and Food & Beverage outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking