Peer Support Group Volunteer Jobs Vacancy at Alzheimers Volunteer
Alzheimers Volunteer urgently required following position for Peer Support Group Volunteer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Peer Support Group Volunteer Jobs Vacancy at Alzheimers Volunteer Jobs Details:
- Talking and listening to people with dementia and their carers in a sensitive and
- Being aware of practical and emotional needs, referring more complex issues to
- Providing basic information, including fact sheets and similar Society materials
- Providing support and encouraging people to share their experiences for the
- Assisting with the serving of food and refreshments where this is relevant to the
- Joining in with social activities that benefit the individual and/or group (for
- Keeping accurate and appropriate records of group activities where applicable
- Attending events to promote the CrISP programme, handling and carrying
- Informing appropriate colleagues about how well things are going and to make
- Learning about and following Alzheimer’s Society health and safety standards
- Developing an understanding of Alzheimer’s Society activities and other local
- Being aware of and committed to Society policies and procedures such as data
the kind of activity you may be involved with. Any local variations will be
discussed separately as part of the recruitment process.
No special qualifications or experience needed. The role may be ideal for you if you
- An interest in volunteering to support people with dementia
- Knowledge of or a willingness to learn about dementia and how it can affect
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to be calm, patient and caring
- Ability to show empathy
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to complete basic records in writing (where relevant)
- Ability to volunteer within service boundaries
- An understanding of and commitment to, confidentiality
- A willingness to learn about, and be committed to, the Society’s expectations
- A commitment to teamwork with volunteers and staff from a variety of
- A commitment to attend relevant learning and development workshops.
- You will have a locally named manager
- There will be one-to-one and/or group based support sessions.
How much time will you need to give?
This role is flexible. We do hope you will be able to offer a few hours each week
during an agreed number of local CrISP programmes.
- You will receive relevant induction for the role
- You will benefit from ongoing training and other development opportunities
- You will be provided with one-to-one and/or group based support
- You will be reimbursed agreed out of pocket expenses in accordance with