Warehouse Operative Jobs Vacancy at Asda Huddersfield
Asda Huddersfield urgently required following position for Warehouse Operative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Warehouse Operative Jobs Vacancy at Asda Huddersfield Jobs Details:
How will you make a difference?
Here's the short answer;
Customer service is extremely important at Asda. Customers are at the heart of our business and we expect you to give them warm and friendly service - without them, we have no business. We expect you to be passionate about great shop keeping, working hard to help drive wastage down and sales up. A further expectation is that you work with honesty and integrity at all times - this is essential in ensuring you protect our profitability and indeed, yourself. Our stores are packed with thousands of products, from clothes and household items, through to tinned foods, frozen goods and chilled produce.
We’re proud of our warm and friendly service. It’s what our customers love and have come to expect. So we’ll always expect you to:
- Have a smile in your voice and always say ‘hello’ and ‘goodbye’ – and in between show an interest and find out customers’ needs
- Collecting, moving and stacking products. It’s not like running a marathon, but you’ll still be on your feet and doing plenty of bending and lifting, so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness
- Using all our handling equipment (don’t worry, we’ll fully train you on how to use all the equipment safely and effectively)
- Warehouse colleagues would be expected to complete a 5 day Fork Lift Truck Driving Course
- Booking in deliveries that come from our depots. Computer literacy is therefore preferred
- Responsibility for maintaining and leading the way on health and safety within the warehouse
- Warehouse colleagues play a vital role in maintaining the stock levels on our shop floor. As a warehouse colleague you will be responsible for locating and distributing stock to the shop floor colleagues
- And much more!!
Being the best you can be, every day
Whether you are with a driver or visitor in the warehouse or walking through the shop floor, you are an ambassador for Asda and must give great service at all times. Occasionally you might feel like you’re working alone using our systems but don’t worry we will give you clear instructions on what you need to do.
We’re one big team, so we’re looking for helpful, outgoing people who can get along with and support others.