Assistant Operations Manager Logistics And Fleet Compliance Jobs Vacancy at Olleco East London
- Assistant Operations Manager Logistics And Fleet Compliance
- East London ENG
- 20 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Olleco East London urgently required following position for Assistant Operations Manager Logistics And Fleet Compliance. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Operations Manager Logistics And Fleet Compliance Jobs Vacancy at Olleco East London Jobs Details:
Within a fast-moving and engaging environment, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on our workforce.
As an Assistant Operations Manager, you’ll be tasked with providing support, training and assistance to the drivers along with assisting in the day-to-day running of our Erith depot.
Your role will focus on health & safety aspects, safety procedures, compliance, maintenance, training, administration and rounds.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will:
- Take responsibility for performing all activities in a safe manner and promoting health and safety through the depot
- Ensure all contactors have the correct permits and paperwork
- Make sure that daily vehicle checks are completed by drivers and damage or defects are reported
- Assist with minor vehicle maintenance, such as bulb replacements
- Provide induction training, training evaluations and refresher training as required
- Ensure that working time checks, DQC and government licence checks are carried out
- Support all rounds, including driver shortages, stock, loading and routes
- Complete all paperwork and IT systems for your work and that of the drivers
Your focus will be to lead by example. As such, you’ll work in a safe manner at all times, ensure your attendance levels are exceptionally high and make sure all work is complete and accurate.
To be considered, you must:
- Be driver CPC qualified
- Have experience as a 7.5T or Class 2 Driver
- Possess a licence to drive a 7.5T vehicle that’s free from endorsements
- Have excellent administrative skills
- Have an IOSH Managing Safely certification or the willingness to acquire this as a matter of urgency
Patient and organised, as an Assistant Operations Manager, you must have superb communication skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with others.
Microsoft Office skills would be beneficial to your application. A Class 2 driving licence would also be beneficial.