Project Management Assistant Smethwick Rolfe Street Depot Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail
- Project Management Assistant Smethwick Rolfe Street Depot
- Network Rail
- 23 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Network Rail urgently required following position for Project Management Assistant Smethwick Rolfe Street Depot. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Management Assistant Smethwick Rolfe Street Depot Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Jobs Details:
Works Delivery Civils undertakes a wide range of projects. Some are short duration and some are longer and more complex. All projects we deliver are vitally important for Network Rail and its customers. We undertake the management of rapid response interventions that address immediate safety concerns or issues across the entire LNW route.This is a £30m per year programme and involves directing suppliers, managing cost and working with all in the team to drive up performance and deliver thework efficiently and to strict programme deadlines.
Delivering our projects to a high standard is of vast importance to this project and Network Rail, this role plays a significant part in helping the Scheme and Project Managers.
About the role (External)
To support the project management team in the everyday management of projects for which they are responsible, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), Railway Group, Network Rail’s company standards, and all current applicable legislation including CDM Regulations.
1. Work as part of a project team, assisting to deliver projects to time, cost and quality through various phases in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
2. Monitor and report programme and progress in accordance with project reporting systems and guidelines.
3. Develop and integrate effective support systems to enable the Project Manager to manage and control change.
4. Process contractor possession and isolation applications so that they applications are complete and submitted to the prescribed time scales as directed.
5. Monitor contractor performance indicators and provide periodic progress reports.
6. Support the Project Management team in providing a safe working environment at all times during the execution of those projects under their responsibility.
7. Manage generic and site specific methods of working and supply risk assessments to agreed timescales.
8. Monitor so that HSQE risk assessments have been carried out by the contractor, and monitor compliance.
9. Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
- Some management experience including project management.
- Educated to HND/HNC or similar standard.
- HSQE awareness, issues and principles.
- Membership (or working towards membership of) the Association for Project Management.
- A degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of safety, quality, environmental, commercial and financial aspects.
- Understanding of possession planning
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3000 (to a maximum amount of £2,250).
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) checks require prospectiveemployees of Network Rail to meet the following requirements;
CurrencyGBP Amount of Travel Work At Home