Credit Controller Graduate Trainee With Fully Funded Acca Cima Qualification Jobs Vacancy at Kaplan International West Kensington
- Credit Controller Graduate Trainee With Fully Funded Acca Cima Qualification
- Kaplan International
- West Kensington ENG
- 18 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Kaplan International West Kensington urgently required following position for Credit Controller Graduate Trainee With Fully Funded Acca Cima Qualification. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Credit Controller Graduate Trainee With Fully Funded Acca Cima Qualification Jobs Vacancy at Kaplan International West Kensington Jobs Details:
Are you a recent graduate looking for that all important first finance role? We have the ideal job for you!
A little bit about what we will offer you:
We are looking to recruit a graduate trainee for an immediate start, with fully funded study and study support (ACCA/CIMA), to work as a Credit Controller in a 40-strong Finance department which can offer excellent long-term career opportunities.
You will be a key member of our finance team working alongside a supportive manager who is committed to developing and coaching staff and has a wealth of experience in tax, audit, management accounting and financial planning. Within the team, there are also growth opportunities to assist and cover general accounting tasks such as balance sheet controls, month end processing and one-off projects.
Based in our head office in West Kensington, this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a diverse, multinational and sociable team whilst occasionally travelling to our vibrant international colleges in cities across the UK.
A little bit about us:
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.
A little bit about the role:
You will be given responsibility for administering accurate collection processes and student debt for several our colleges. You will ensure that the student ledger is accurate; outstanding debtor balances are chased on time with repeated follow-ups, if needed; key business partners are kept up to date with debt status and any trends you identify, and you will escalate issues and concerns where necessary. The role does require you to be able to travel around the United Kingdom and meet face-to-face with students.
Your main responsibilities and functions
- Preparing monthly collections processes within prescribed guidelines. Follow- ups ensure to collect outstanding balances by email, post and telephone
- Issuing copy invoices when required by email or post
- Liaising with relevant Staff and Senior Managers at Colleges to support collection of monies outstanding as required
- Finance meetings with Students during peak enrolment times
- Reviewing accounts for debt and credit write offs in partnership with College Directors
- Updating student accounts where there are agreed changes to a student’s study plan
- Support with processing refunds
- Investigating and clearing of old outstanding balances
- Liaising with internal and external parties to resolve queries as necessary
- Preparing and monitoring payment plans for bill payers (students, parents, agents)
- Fostering and maintaining good business relationships with all stakeholders (internal and external)
- Identifying and recommending process improvements related to own work
- Ad-hoc tasks
To be considered for the role, you don't need direct experience in credit control, but you will need:
- A 2.1 degree from a well-ranked university and good A-levels (or equivalent)
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, high-volume finance environment
- Some knowledge of and experience of working with accounting principles
- Strong client focus with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Natural curiosity and a strong desire to learn and develop
- Team player and strong work ethic
- Extremely accurate and detail-focussed
- Initiative to take ownership and identify improvements and drive to deliver change
- Some excel knowledge would be beneficial (V Lookups, pivot tables, formatting of data)
- The ability to speak any additional languages would also be desirable
£21,000 - £23,000 per annum, plus benefits