Head Engineering Services Jobs Vacancy at Gallifordtry
Gallifordtry urgently required following position for Head Engineering Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Engineering Services Jobs Vacancy at Gallifordtry Jobs Details:
Central Engineering Services is an in-house team of approximately 20 engineers providing support to pre-construction and project teams throughout Galliford Try. It acts as an internal consultant and customers pay for the services provided based on agreed hourly charge-out rates. The key focus of the team is the provision of a high quality service leading to strong relationships with all parts of the business and generating repeat work.
Central Engineering Services provides design and design checking services for a full range of temporary works requirements from excavations and working platforms to formwork, falsework & scaffolding. Site based TWCs & TWSs are also supported through training courses, participation in technical reviews, site visits where required and audits to check compliance with the temporary works procedure. Services provided also include alternative solutions, value engineering, buildability and problem/defect resolution including specification compliance issues.
The Head of Engineering Services is a new role that will take responsibility for the day to day running of Central Engineering Services and develop the team to provide the engineering support services needed to meet the growing needs of Galliford Try.
The role will include line management of the Regional Technical Managers and Principal Design Engineers who lead the teams based in each of the regional offices.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with CDM 2015 and the Galliford Try Construction Business Management System so that the necessary standards of Safety, Quality & Environmental Management are achieved
- Develop & maintain a suitably robust risk management approach to the production of designs
- Carry out regular design reviews at all stages of design development as required and following final design reviews approve drawings, schedules etc. prior to issue for construction
- Select and appoint external design resources where necessary, for example where specialist expertise is required, where additional resources are required or where an independent design checking service is required
- Maintain CES BMS procedures
- Establish sufficient internal audits to ensure and demonstrate compliance with BMS procedures
- Ensure work is allocated on the basis of appropriate competence and maintain records of competence
- Prepare and/or check design output and supervise the preparation and/or checking of design output by other members of the CES team or by external design organisations
- Attend Technical Review meetings at start of projects
- Assist with the resolution of technical issues on site
- Develop and deliver technical training courses to staff within the Construction & Investments Division in response to requirements e.g. to prevent problems recurring or as identified in annual training plan
- Professionally qualified membership of ICE/IStructE at chartered or incorporated engineer level
- Degree in civil and/or structural engineering at bachelors or masters level
- Sound knowledge of structural mechanics
- Good understanding of fundamentals of soil mechanics.
- Experience of working on site for a contractor
- Design experience either working for a contractor, subcontractor, specialist supplier or consultant
- Full driving licence
- Experience of use of computer aided draughting software
- Experience of use of structural analysis software and experience of use of geotechnical software
Competency Requirements- Essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good team worker but also able to work under own initiative
- Proven track record of managing teams of at least four people
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, conscientious with good attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise to meet deadlines and willingness to travel throughout the UK